Senior Manager, People Operations
Washington, DC /
Are you an experienced, stellar human resources pro who is keenly focused on operational excellence, engaged teams, and an inclusive culture? Are you a strategic, highly organized, systems-thinker who is passionate about a great employee experience and having an impact at a fast-paced, dynamic organization? If so, read on!
FiscalNote is looking for a Senior Manager of People Operations to help propel our organization to new heights! In this role, you’ll be part of a small and mighty team charged with engaging & enabling our people and growing and scaling our business. You’ll lead with your head and heart and leverage your experience in new and creative ways.
In this role you will partner with VP of People and key stakeholders to shape and implement organizational and business strategies for a values-driven, global, growing, and dynamic organization.
- Have a holistic and inclusive view on the employee experience and oversee processes that support many stages of the employee experience- Help shape strategy and own execution that is scalable, reliable, and values-driven
- Develop a strategic roadmap related to People Operations that supports Scalability & Reliability and Organizational Effectiveness.
- Autonomously, and in partnership with others, build out, configure and optimize workflows and systems to achieve people and business needs
- Support and/or own M&A activities by participating in due diligence, integration planning, and implementation, and beyond
- Write policies, communications, develop resource material, document SOPs, and design & deliver trainings. Includes conducting research, developing and championing a point of view
- Act as People Partner for assigned areas. Work closely with assigned teams to understand and address needs. Coach, facilitate, and deliver relevant programs and practices
- Oversee and be accountable for maintenance of all employee/employer related records including for example I-9s, eVerfications, background checks, employment verifications, visas and sponsorship. As we’re a global environment, local requirements will apply.
- Responsible for all employee records for a global organization with both organic and M&A growth.
- Ensure compliance with employer related requirements and reporting, such as: EEO, VETS, FLSA, OSHA, OFCCP, AAP, GDPR. As well as SOC, PII, etc.
- Create, sustain, and scale processes, systems and workflows that support sound data retrieval and integrity that supports smooth audits, due diligence requirements, aligns with other departments, and provides meaningful insights that drive informed business decisions
- Oversee regular reporting on key People & Org metrics, seeking both leading and lagging data and insights that help inform leaders and teams
- Uphold data management and data integrity best practices
- Actively use insights gathered from multiple channels to measure results and performance, provide insights, disseminate to key stakeholders and foster continuous improvement (surveys, workflows, metrics, etc)
- Type of reporting could include external and internal audit, due diligence, KPI’s, QBRs, Board meetings, workforce planning, etc.
Project Management / Program Management / Change Management
- Own, define, drive, shape, champion, and execute various size projects and programs
- Develop lean but holistic project plans- Proactively partner with cross-functional stakeholders to inform approach, define outcomes, guide and execute the initiative
- Leverage multi-disciplinary experience such as budgeting, vendor management, systems and technology, project planning, along with communication, presentation, and change management
- Conceptualize new programs and solutions from infancy stage (or midstream) and design, deliver, modify as needed
- Type of projects could include DEI (Diversity & Inclusion), Employer Branding (EVP), M&A at various stages (early due diligence, integrating teams), Employee/Manager Training, System Implementation
- Worked 8+ years in human resources/people operations at a high-growth, dynamic organization - ideally experience at various size and stage organizations (start up, high-growth, public/private).
- Broad and deep exposure across HR arenas is required. HR operations, HR systems, employee engagement, employee relations, employment law, talent management, learning & development. HR analytics, job analysis, and compensation analysis are highly desirable.
- International experience and M&A experience preferred. Strong interest and readiness to proactively dive-in in these areas is required.
- Appreciation for bigger picture, strategic thinking coupled with a practical, hands-on approach
- Passionate about being an employer of choice, leading by example, and living the FiscalNote Values
- Critical thinker, keen problem solver, business-acumen, metrics-minded, and a highly organized program and project manager with a passion for scalable workflows and business processes (BP’s)
- Experience managing and leading others, providing coaching and guidance.
- A strong track record of creating and delivering content that is informative and engaging and delivered across different channels and formats (email, powerpoint, intranet, virtual meetings, workshops, team building, town halls, etc.)
- Team player, hands-on and strategic, willing and able to jump in and help the cause
- Keen ability to be an effective relationship-builder, a creative, collaborative and flexible work ethos, mission-focused, solutions-oriented, with a passion for continuous improvement
- Supremely flexible, adaptable, resourceful and resilient. If you like deep focus and variety, this may be it!
- Very tech-savvy. A power-user of platforms and systems (HRIS required, also: LMS, ATS, survey, intranets,etc), with great attention to detail and system architecture. UltiPro experience is preferred.
- Experience supporting a multi-site organization. International experience is desirable.
- Demonstrated passion and commitment to talent and leveling-up; certifications are a plus (PHR, CCP, CEBS, etc.), professional membership is a plus (World at Work, SHRM, ATD, etc.)
- High integrity, must be objective and exercise confidentiality and discretion
- Embrace FN Values, commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion, and to a growth mindset
**This role will require occasional travel and/or availability for international virtual meetings/time zones.**
**Candidates may be asked for work samples and/or writing samples.**
FiscalNote is continuing to hire new talent, with all interviewing and on-boarding done virtually due to COVID-19. New team members, along with our current staff, will temporarily work remotely (unless communicated otherwise).
At FiscalNote, we Lead with Values
Know your Audience ∙ Find the Truth ∙ Drive Alignment ∙ Level Up ∙ Own the Job ∙ Bias for Action ∙ Support the Family
FiscalNote is a technology-powered global software data and media company that uses powerful machine learning to provide clients with the right policy information and insights, and at the right time so that they can better navigate market risk and uncertainty and maximize new opportunities.
As the premier hub of domestic and global information for more than 5,000 clients worldwide, FiscalNote’s tools, analysis, news, and award-winning journalism delivers context, clarity, and a competitive edge in a rapidly changing world.
If your background and experience align with the competencies above, we encourage you to apply so that we can review your experience and learn more about how you can add to FiscalNote’s growth and success.
FiscalNote offers competitive salaries, equity packages, and retirement accounts to ensure we’re all FN owners. We work hard, so our open vacation policy helps us ensure you’re getting the R&R you need. We offer comprehensive health, vision, and dental insurance options supplemented by a flexible spending account (FSA). We have a slew of other benefits which you can check out at careers.FiscalNote.com.
FiscalNote values diversity. We are committed to equal opportunities and creating an inclusive environment for all our employees. We welcome applicants regardless of ethnic origin, national origin, gender, race, religious beliefs, disability, sexual orientation or age. FiscalNote is an EEOC employer.
FiscalNote uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all new employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.DHS.gov/E-Verify.