Project Manager/Scrum Master
About the Position:
FiscalNote is seeking to expand our team of Project Manager/Scrum Masters to focus on delivering game-changing products. The Project Manager/Scrum Master will work within the Product Team to support both Product Management and QA teams here at FiscalNote. They must thrive in a fast-paced environment, drive innovative process changes through multiple organizations and teams, and simultaneously support several projects at once influencing a growing global organization.
A collaborative, solutions-oriented team player and servant leader comfortable working in a fast paced and dynamic environment. You’re a strong communicator, comfortable working with internal stakeholders of all levels. You are a thoughtful multitasker able to work across multiple projects. You care about the details and are interested in understanding the projects you work on. You love working across different groups in a fast-paced environment, and you’re not afraid to embrace change.
- Serve as Scrum Master for multiple scrum teams
- Prepare for and facilitate daily scrum meetings, and other agile ceremoniesDemonstrate advanced knowledge of Agile practices
- Facilitate backlog grooming and retrospectives to ensure continuous improvement
- Integrate Agile principles into product development practices and Jira administration
- Promote continuous improvement on your teams using feedback, retrospectives, and metrics
- Coach and train other Scrum Masters and act as a coach to your Scrum teams
- Track, communicate, escalate, and mitigate project risks, dependencies and schedule changes including analyzing appropriate JIRA reports to track and help teams adjust team commitments and delivery
- Monitor resources required to complete projects such as task assignments, skillsets, and scheduling
- Understand the technical scope and objectives of projects
- Support the Product Managers through applying techniques to manage the product backlog and roadmap, maintaining focus on delivering features while maintaining high quality
- Assist on other product or engineering team projects as needed
- 2-5+ years of project management/Scrum Master or related experience in an SDLC environment
- PMP certification or other project management/Scrum Master education
- Experience utilizing JIRA, Asana or similar team-based project management software
- Experience with JIRA a plus
- Demonstrates strong writing and verbal communication skills
- Prior experience with agile methodologies
- Experience with project delivery
- Bachelor’s Degree or 4+years equivalent work experience
About the Product Team
The Product team at FiscalNote is where the magic happens. The team includes product management, project management, user experience, design, and user research. Product works to understand customer and market needs and to design and deliver world-class solutions that meet those needs. If you want to work in a highly engaged and collaborative environment to solve emerging challenges, Product at FiscalNote is for you.
FiscalNote is the leading Issues Management platform. Our mission is to build the world’s most powerful platform for analyzing government risk and opportunity. For organizations facing government impact, FiscalNote is the platform for professionals to plan and execute their organization’s government risk strategy. Organizations rely on FiscalNote because of its accurate and relevant information, cutting-edge analytics, and ease of use. Our fierce curiosity and insatiable urge for the next challenge pours into our company culture.
FiscalNote offers competitive salaries, equity packages, and retirement accounts to ensure we’re all FN owners. We work hard, so we want you to play hard; our open vacation policy and vacation expense contribution help us ensure you’re getting the R&R you need. We offer comprehensive health, vision, and dental insurance options supplemented by a flexible spending account (FSA). We have a slew of other benefits which you can check out at careers.FiscalNote.com.
FiscalNote values diversity. We are committed to equal opportunities and creating an inclusive environment for all our employees. We welcome applicants regardless of ethnic origin, national origin, gender, race, religious beliefs, disability, sexual orientation or age. FiscalNote is an EEOC employer.
FiscalNote uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all new employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.DHS.gov/E-Verify.