Functional Programmer - Size Recommendation (m/f/d)
Central Functions – Fit Prediction
Based in Berlin and Chicago, we at Fit Analytics are a team of data scientists, fashionistas, physicists, business analysts, designers, and hackers, working together to tackle a single problem: making it easy for online shoppers to find the right clothes size. We help some of the world’s largest clothing brands solve sizing issues, boost conversions and slash returns.
Fit Analytics — the world’s leading size advisor solution for online clothes shopping — is seeking an experienced software developer (m/f/d) with a background in functional programming and (ideally) domain specific language design. You will work closely with our size recommendation team and have an impact also on the work of our garments experts. If you are passionate about software development and ready to use your skills to shape the future of the apparel and fashion industry, we want to hear from you!
What The Role As Functional Programmer (m/f/d) Involves
- Simplifying and generalizing the configuration of our size recommendation system
- Creating tools for automatic validation of configuration files
- Working with multiple teams to understand, improve and create workflows around the size recommendation system and the tools that support them
- Working within a Kanban team
- Having a direct impact on how tens of millions of people buy clothes online
What We're Looking for in You
- At least three years of professional software development experience
- Experience in functional programming (e.g., Haskell, PureScript)
- Experience with domain specific language design is a plus
- A passion for creating tools that are powerful and easy to use
- You enjoy thinking about and understanding people’s workflows
- You are comfortable working in a collaborative environment, sharing knowledge and learning from your teammates
What We Offer You
- The opportunity to become a key part of Fit Analytics’ growth story
- Hands-on experience building a product that is revolutionizing e-commerce
- A spot in our smart, creative and highly motivated international team
- Daily breakfast and lunch plus regular team events
What We Do at Fit Analytics
The Fit Analytics' platform combines the world's largest database of garment and fit information with hundreds of billions of purchase records and consumer preferences. Our products Fit Finder, Fit Connect, Fit Intelligence and Fit Source help clothing and apparel companies instantly access the power of machine learning to deliver a perfect fit for customers. By applying the power of machine learning to this unique data set, we've created a range of innovative solutions to help drive improvements throughout the apparel lifecycle from manufacturing to marketing. Leading apparel brands and retailers across six continents trust our platform to solve sizing at scale and deliver meaningful bottom-line impact. Our clients include the likes of Zara, Asos, Hugo Boss, JD Sports, Bershka, The North Face, Tommy Hilfiger, Uniqlo, Calvin Klein and many more!
Why We’re Different
We're not sitting around wondering what the product is and burning other people's money while expecting everyone to work ridiculous hours for little reward. We're profitable, organized, and already providing a unique solution that delivers huge value to our partners while helping millions of people a month shop better online.
By clicking the “APPLY FOR THIS JOB” button you expressly make the following representations and warranties and give your consents as described below:
Your personal data contained in your application will be collected by Fit Analytics GmbH (“Controller”), which is located at Voigtstrasse 3, 10247 Berlin, Germany and can be contacted per email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Fit Analytics collects your personal data for the purposes of managing Fit Analytics’ recruitment related activities. Consequently, Fit Analytics may use your personal data in relation to the evaluation and selection of applicants including for example setting up and conducting interviews and tests, evaluating and assessing the results thereto and as is otherwise needed in the recruitment processes including the final recruitment.
Your personal data will be shared with Lever, Inc., a cloud services provider located in the United States of America and engaged by the Controller to help manage its recruitment and hiring process on behalf of the Controller. Accordingly, if you are located outside of the United States, your personal data will be transferred to the United States once you submit it through this site.
Your personal data will be retained by the Controller as long as the Controller determines it is necessary to evaluate your application for employment. If no legal retention period exists, the data will be deleted as soon as storage is no longer required or the legitimate interest in storage of this data has lapsed. You may give consent that we keep your application for 6 months for future opportunities.