Data Analyst - Marketing Insights (m/f/d)
Commercial – Sales & Marketing Operations /
Based in Berlin and Chicago, we at Fit Analytics are a team of data scientists, fashionistas, physicists, business analysts, designers, and hackers, working together to tackle a single problem: making it easy for online shoppers to find the right clothes size. We help some of the world’s largest clothing brands solve sizing issues, boost conversions and slash returns.
OUR VISION is a world with zero returns in apparel (and footwear) e-commerce resulting from a truly personalized, worry-free shopping experience.
OUR MISSION is to use the power of machine learning to help fashion shoppers buy with confidence and eliminate the need for returns.
Fit Analytics — the world’s leading size advisor solution for online clothes shopping — is seeking a highly motivated full-time Data Analyst (m/f/d) for its Marketing and Client Success team in Berlin. You will work with the largest and most extensive data set in the industry to provide business insights that help our clients reduce their return rates. If you're passionate about data analysis and ready to use your skills to shape the future of the online fashion industry, we want to hear from you!
This role requires an individual with strong analytical abilities and business acumen. A successful candidate will be comfortable with ambiguous research topics, with strong attention to detail, and an ability to work in a fast-paced and evolving environment.
Help educate and steer your internal stakeholders (Marketing, Sales, Client Success) to better understand the kinds of analysis they should be providing. The successful candidate will consistently deliver accurate and relevant insights that drive results, and have enough conviction in their analysis to challenge assumptions when needed.
What the Role Involves
- Utilizing statistical tools to analyze big data sets (>100 millions) and derive conclusions to provide insights and additional value add to existing top-tier clients.
- Automating data analysis code through efficient use of advanced SQL code.
- Providing data segmentation to be utilized for aggregation.
- Leveraging in-house and external data sources to develop a robust overview to guide decision-making.
- The potential to lead data analysis work for complex projects and taking responsibility for the timely completion and quality outcomes/analysis of the project.
- Addressing key questions about customer needs, behaviors, and preferences.
- Utilizing critical thinking skills to analyze industry dynamics
- Designing and developing standard reports to be used for prospect and client conversations (eg. updated stats on Fit Finder)
What We're Looking for in You
- A degree in a quantitative discipline (statistics, mathematics, computer science, econometrics, finance, etc.).
- Expert-level SQL query writing skills.
- Expert-level Excel skills.
- Experience with data analysis software (R or Python + pandas + Matplotlib)
- Knowledge of data visualisation concepts.
- 4+ years of work experience as a data analyst, online marketing analyst, growth analyst, or e-commerce analyst.
- Ability to analyze results, interpret data, draw sound conclusions, and develop insightful and actionable recommendations.
- Innovative and self-motivated, with strong problem solving skills.
- Able to work effectively both in a cross-team environment and individually.
- Solid business background, with analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Web analytics and business research tools acumen.
What We Offer You
- A competitive remuneration package.
- Hands-on experience witha product that is revolutionizing e-commerce.
- A spot in our smart, creative and highly motivated international team.
- Daily breakfast and catered lunch plus regular team events.
What We Do at Fit Analytics
The Fit Analytics' platform combines the world's largest database of garment and fit information with hundreds of billions of purchase records and consumer preferences. Our products Fit Finder, Fit Connect, Fit Intelligence and Fit Source help clothing and apparel companies instantly access the power of machine learning to deliver a perfect fit for customers. By applying the power of machine learning to this unique data set, we've created a range of innovative solutions to help drive improvements throughout the apparel lifecycle from manufacturing to marketing. Leading apparel brands and retailers across six continents trust our platform to solve sizing at scale and deliver meaningful bottom-line impact. Our clients include the likes of Zara, Asos, Hugo Boss, JD Sports, Bershka, The North Face, Tommy Hilfiger, Uniqlo, Calvin Klein and many more!
Why We’re Different
We're not sitting around wondering what the product is and burning other people's money while expecting everyone to work ridiculous hours for little reward. We're profitable, organized, and already providing a unique solution that delivers huge value to our partners while helping millions of people a month shop better online.
By clicking the “APPLY FOR THIS JOB” button you expressly make the following representations and warranties and give your consents as described below:
Your personal data contained in your application will be collected by Fit Analytics GmbH (“Controller”), which is located at Voigtstrasse 3, 10247 Berlin, Germany and can be contacted per email at email@example.com.
Fit Analytics collects your personal data for the purposes of managing Fit Analytics’ recruitment related activities. Consequently, Fit Analytics may use your personal data in relation to the evaluation and selection of applicants including for example setting up and conducting interviews and tests, evaluating and assessing the results thereto and as is otherwise needed in the recruitment processes including the final recruitment.
Your personal data will be shared with Lever, Inc., a cloud services provider located in the United States of America and engaged by the Controller to help manage its recruitment and hiring process on behalf of the Controller. Accordingly, if you are located outside of the United States, your personal data will be transferred to the United States once you submit it through this site.
Your personal data will be retained by the Controller as long as the Controller determines it is necessary to evaluate your application for employment. If no legal retention period exists, the data will be deleted as soon as storage is no longer required or the legitimate interest in storage of this data has lapsed. You may give consent that we keep your application for 6 months for future opportunities.