Full-stack Software Engineer - Data Platform/Tooling (m/f/d)
Engineering – Back-End /
Based in Berlin and Chicago, we at Fit Analytics are working together to tackle a single problem: making it easy for online shoppers to find the right clothes size. We help some of the world’s largest clothing brands solve sizing issues, boost conversions and slash returns.
OUR VISION is a world with zero returns in apparel (and footwear) e-commerce resulting from a truly personalized, worry-free shopping experience.
OUR MISSION is to use the power of machine learning to help fashion shoppers buy with confidence and eliminate the need for returns.
Fit Analytics — the world’s leading size advisor solution for online clothes shopping — is seeking a Full-stack Software Engineer (m/f/d) to join our Data Platform team to work on tools and systems powering the largest and most extensive data set in the industry. Your main focus would be improving and developing new and existing tools to support our various internal stakeholders in their daily work as part of our cross-functional Data Platform team. If you're passionate about data, having an impact and building tools that your colleagues love and use every day, we want to hear from you!
What The Role as Full-stack Software Engineer (m/f/d) Involves
- Leading the design and development of internal applications and systems that help our colleagues deal with our various datasets and data sources
- Having an impact on the effectiveness, correctness, and ease of use of our data assets
- Communicating with internal users and understanding their domain and processes with a keen eye on improvements, supported by the team and its product owner
- Coordinating with various teams in the company that specialize in other parts of the system, for example data ingestion and management of product feed information
- Bringing your knowledge and unique perspective into our team and organization
What We're Looking for in You
- A strongly user-centric mindset when designing systems
- A passion for disciplined and structured software development in a collaborative environment, working with data- and backend engineers, SRE, data specialists, analysts, and other internal users
- Experience in developing and deploying data-centric front- and back-end components, for instance on GKE
- Willingness to pick up new tools and languages, as our tooling ecosystem is heterogenous
- Solid understanding and experience working with datasets in RDBMS and other storage technologies (No/NewSQL, Blob, etc.), for instance PostgreSQL, MySQL, BigTable, BigQuery or Google Cloud Storage
- Spoken and written fluency in English with excellent communication skills
Your work environment
- Being part of a closely-knit team, with most to all team members currently (because of the pandemic) working fully remote
- The Data Platform team is central to almost everything we do and as such has large impact on the whole company
- The team works in an agile way
- Regular knowledge shares, pairing sessions, etc.
- Communication via video conference (Google Meet) and Slack, with a focus on productivity and low distraction
What We Offer You
- Hands-on experience building a product that is revolutionizing e-commerce
- A spot in our smart, creative and highly-motivated international company
- A flexible remote work policy
- Daily lunch in the office plus regular team and company events
Why We’re Different
We're not sitting around wondering what the product is and burning other people's money while expecting everyone to work ridiculous hours for little reward. We're profitable, organized, and already providing a unique solution that delivers huge value to our partners while helping millions of people a month shop better online.
By clicking the “APPLY FOR THIS JOB” button you expressly make the following representations and warranties and give your consents as described below:
Your personal data contained in your application will be collected by Fit Analytics GmbH (“Controller”), which is located at Voigtstrasse 3, 10247 Berlin, Germany and can be contacted per email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Fit Analytics collects your personal data for the purposes of managing Fit Analytics’ recruitment related activities. Consequently, Fit Analytics may use your personal data in relation to the evaluation and selection of applicants including for example setting up and conducting interviews and tests, evaluating and assessing the results thereto and as is otherwise needed in the recruitment processes including the final recruitment.
Your personal data will be shared with Lever, Inc., a cloud services provider located in the United States of America and engaged by the Controller to help manage its recruitment and hiring process on behalf of the Controller. Accordingly, if you are located outside of the United States, your personal data will be transferred to the United States once you submit it through this site.
Your personal data will be retained by the Controller as long as the Controller determines it is necessary to evaluate your application for employment. If no legal retention period exists, the data will be deleted as soon as storage is no longer required or the legitimate interest in storage of this data has lapsed. You may give consent that we keep your application for 6 months for future opportunities.