Senior iOS Engineer
San Francisco /
We’re looking for an iOS Engineer to join the Fitbod iOS team! You’ll have a rare opportunity to work directly with technical founders and senior iOS developers to build the infrastructure supporting the next phase of growth for Fitbod. As an early hire in a pivotal role, you’ll not only have strong influence and ownership over the iOS application, but also help navigate uncharted business and technical challenges. We are looking for a senior developer who has broad iOS experience and enjoys learning more about iOS.
- Architect, develop, and deliver new iOS features
- Work on Apple’s latest technology, such as Watch, CoreML, Health, GymKit, Location, and more.
- Work on the client side persistent data store (sqlite, core data or equivalent) and API layer.
- Define engineering process, interview new candidates, and build an engineering team.
- Think broadly about technical and product strategy.
- Participate in design reviews.
- Integrate 3rd party APIs (parsing incoming data feeds, syndicating content out).
- 4+ years of object-oriented software development, with 3+ years of iOS engineering.
- Strong proficiency in Swift, iOS SDKs such as UIKit, Core Animation, and cocoa frameworks.
- Experience in XCTest unit and UI testing
- Extensive knowledge of the iOS ecosystem and upcoming API's
- Extensive knowledge of core data, core location, multithreading, and UI best practices
- Knowledge of HTTP requests, JSON, and OAuth using Core Foundation or libraries like AFNetworking
- Ability to read stack traces and troubleshoot bugs and hard to find crashes
- Experience with version control in a team environment (knowledge of GIT is a must).
Bonus if you have the following:
- Experience with Apple Health, Watch, CoreML, CoreLocation, GymKit
- Have knowledge about strength-training best practices.
Positions are Remote-only with opportunity to work from SF office when it is safe to return.
A great way to stand out is to be an active Fitbod user or to have recently tried the product.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.