Lead Android Engineer
San Francisco /
We’re looking for a Lead Android Engineer to lead a variety of projects across our tech stack. You’ll have the rare opportunity to work directly with technical founders and experienced engineers to impact hundreds of thousands of Fitbod customers and help scale our Fitbod strength-training Android app.
- Architect, write, review, and deploy Fitbod’s Android app.
- Lead, coach and mentor team members.
- Understand and implement Android best practices.
- Deliver performant, scalable, and reliable code.
- Define new engineering process, interview new candidates, and build an engineering team.
- Think broadly about technical and product strategy.
- Work cross-functionally with our design, engineering, customer success, QA, and marketing teams.
- B.S. / M.S. in Computer Science, related technical field, or equivalent experience.
- 3-6 years of experience building Android applications written in Kotlin or Java.
- Experience in crafting an app that can handle navigation and data persistence whether the user is online or offline.
- Experience with background processes, data persistence mechanisms, and memory management specific to Android
- Excitement to work with the following technologies and patterns: Kotlin, MVVM, Coroutines, Room, Retrofit, Android Architecture Components, Unit Testing, Themes/Styles/Attributes, Git/Github
Bonus if you have the following:
- Fitness-minded, practicing strength-trainer, or posses knowledge about strength-training best practices.
Positions are Remote-only with opportunity to work from SF office when it is safe to return.
A great way to stand out is to be an active Fitbod user or to have recently tried the product.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.