Analytics Technical Product Manager
Oakland, CA /
Business Analytics /
From our founding until now, our mission has remained the same: to remove the engineering burden from data teams by standardizing and fully automating data connectors. With Fivetran, your data just arrives in your warehouse, canonical and ready to query, no engineering or maintenance required. As we watch more and more companies leverage our technology to become truly data-driven, we’re proud not only of our growth but also of the fact that we’ve grown without compromising our core values.
We do the right thing, even when it's harder in the short run. We challenge the status quo by reasoning from first principles.
Fivetran belongs to all of us. We take ownership and are accountable for getting things done. Through curiosity, learning, and coaching, we grow as individuals and teams.
One team, one dream.
We share the pains and successes of our customers, partners and colleagues. We seek, gather, and trust a diverse group of teammates with different perspectives to guide Fivetran's progress.
If these values resonate with you, we’d love to hear from you.
Fivetran is looking for an experienced Technical Product Manager for Analytics to partner with all of the teams across the organization and be the technical bridge between all of the functional areas of the business and the core analytics team. The position will be responsible for working with stakeholders and the analytics team to scale the solution discovery and prioritization process. One of the outcomes of this role is to keep the team focused on the long term plans instead of short term tactical objectives. Additionally, this hire would streamline processes around the alignment, communication, and obtaining requirements between various stakeholders. A core responsibility in this role will be helping everyone at Fivetran take their next step with data -- whether that is measurement, dashboarding, analyses, experimentation or deeper understanding.
- Define long-term objectives for the analytics team
- Discover solutions for analytics problems to improve efficiency of execution, particularly for problems that are unsolved, poorly understood, or executed inefficiently
- Drive the data roadmap for the analytics team to align long term analytics goals with critical business metrics across key departments
- Ensure that analytics team have focused execution towards long-term objectives
- Work with leaders at Fivetran to understand critical metrics and relevance to their business strategy
- Identify low hanging fruit, low cost / high impact items in the data roadmap
- Help scale the analytics team efficiently as the organization grows
- Proactively drive the development of exceptional data experiences across the entire organization
- Assist in training new hires, colleagues, other team members
- For this role, we are looking for the following experience -
- 3+ years of experience with working in a mature, and well-managed company
- Good understanding of traditional data warehouse and ELT/ETL process
- Strong ability in developing partnership with teams across the organization
- 3+ years of experience of large-scale enterprise data management in a technical product manager, or in a similar technical and analytical role
- Proven track record of project management, stakeholder management, and ability to work with and influence senior leadership
- Be able to say no, but nicely, without creating fire
- Solid experience with SQL
- Adept user of BI and tools (Tableau/Looker/Alteryx)
- Highly adept and passionate about working with data
- Demonstrated experience using data and analytical abilities to help solve problems
- Proven track record of shipping data products that deliver measurable results
- Excellent written and verbal interpersonal skills with a confirmed ability to influence stakeholders.
- Experience developing software code in one or more programming languages (Java, Python, etc.)
- Experience with marketing, training, product development, and user engagement in data analytics
Perks of working with us
- 100% paid Medical, Dental, Vision and Basic Life Insurance
- Unlimited/flexible PTO
- 401k match program
- Pet Insurance -- and yes, you can bring your well-behaved fur babies to work
- Commuter Benefits to help with transit and parking costs
- Professional development and training opportunities
- Unlimited coffee, office snacks and frequent catered lunches
- Company happy hours and fun team building activities