Security Operations Engineer
From our founding until now, our mission has remained the same: to remove the engineering burden from data teams by standardizing and fully automating data connectors. With Fivetran, your data just arrives in your warehouse, canonical and ready to query, no engineering or maintenance required. As we watch more and more companies leverage our technology to become truly data-driven, we’re proud not only of our growth but also of the fact that we’ve grown without compromising our core values:
Preserve your integrity, even when it's hard.
Always do the right thing, even when it's harder in the short run.
Take the initiative.
Fivetran belongs to all of us. If you see an opportunity to improve something, seize it!
Trust each other.
We trust our teammates to do their part. Our customers trust our product to do what we say it does.
Nurture diversity, equality and inclusiveness.
We seek out teammates who share our values and drive, not people who are exactly like us. We're building a company that works for everyone. At Fivetran, you can always be your authentic self.
Lead, don't follow.
Many of the assumptions in our industry are wrong. We hire smart people and make decisions by reasoning from first principles.
One team, one dream.
We share the pains and successes of our customers, partners and colleagues. And we go above and beyond for each other.
If these values resonate with you, we’d love to hear from you.
The Fivetran security team is responsible for ensuring the continuous integrity, confidentiality, and availability of customers’ data. Our customers necessarily trust us with all their most sensitive information, and we consider maintaining that trust to be a critical, core component of our product and business.
Security Operations Engineers are responsible for the architecture and development of frameworks, systems, and solutions to address current and future threats to the Fivetran product. These security concerns are ever-evolving, making the security team an extremely dynamic environment to work in.
In this role, you will lead efforts to uncover and solve infrastructure security issues before threat actors do. You will harden assets and procedures around and within Fivetran’s infrastructure. You must have experience finding issues, designing solutions, and leading projects to implement them.
As a Security Operations Engineer at Fivetran you will:
- Choose, deploy, and manage tooling used to maintain our security stance, detect intrusions, and respond to them
- Design and develop tools to automate security or security reporting tasks
- Monitor our production system, and write queries and scans to detect potential problems and vulnerabilities
- Bring experience and judgement to developing and enacting flexible and effective policies based on a deep understanding of security
- Manage tooling to secure our internal workflow
- Write scripts and queries to help with auditing and incident response
- Help evaluate and maintain security software, such as Lacework, or Tenable
- Assist with periodic compliance related tasks
- 5 years+ of SRE, DevOps, and/or Systems Operations experiences
- Has demonstrated experience working on security in a professional capacity
- Proficiency in at least one programming or scripting language
- A deep understanding of the web architecture, IP networking, cloud computing, and data confidentiality
- Experience with cloud providers like GCP, AWS, Azure, and the services that they offer (container technologies, key management, etc.)
- Experience with deployment frameworks (Terraform, etc.)
- Ability to develop threat models, and make nuanced threat assessments
- Strong communication skills and a proclivity towards collaboration
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills
Perks of working with us:
- 100% paid Medical, Dental, Vision and Basic Life Insurance
- Flexible PTO
- 401k match program
- Pet Insurance -- and yes, you can bring your well-behaved fur babies to work
- Commuter Benefits to help with transit and parking costs
- Professional development and training opportunities
- Unlimited coffee, office snacks and frequent catered lunches
- Company happy hours and fun team building activities