Palo Alto, CA /
Engineering – General /
Who we are
Fizz is a private and authenticated platform designed to revolutionize the social fabric of communities, starting with colleges. After verifying a university email address, students use Fizz to post questions, memes, polls, and chat directly with other verified students, all while maintaining full control of their identity and privacy. Fizz communities are safe, authentic, and inclusive, made possible through community-based moderation.
Launched by two Stanford dropouts, Fizz is currently expanding into colleges all across the US. In a time when social media is plagued by curated highlight reels and lack of authenticity, Fizz is on a mission to redefine the definition of a true social network.
What we’ve done
We first launched Fizz at Stanford in July 2021 and have since seen >95% of undergraduates join the app, half of which use Fizz every day. Since then, we have raised over 16M from NEA, Owl Ventures, and Lightspeed, built a rock-solid engineering team with decades of experience at top tech companies, and expanded Fizz to be the dominant community platform at 70+ colleges.
Where we’re going
Our near term goal is to expand to all US universities by the end of the 2023-2024 academic school year. To get there, we’re looking to bring on our first full-time product designer to spearhead the user experience, visual language, and overall design of Fizz.
We are open to candidates of all experience levels who are passionate about being an early employee and want to help drive our company forward.
- Develop a deep understanding of the social fabric of college communities, college students’ needs, and pain points to create user-centric designs that enhance the user experience
- Work very closely with the engineering, marketing, and community management teams to imagine, design, and iterate on product features
- Own the development and maintenance of a design system, including reusable components, patterns, and guidelines
- Strong grasp on the psychology of social products with an extreme passion to empathize with the needs of college students
- Desire to communicate effectively with real users to help drive product decisions
- Previous experience in imagining and designing product features
$120,000 - $200,000 a year
Fizz is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant, candidate, or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital/domestic partner status, military or veteran status, genetic information or any other legally-recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.