Trust & Safety Manager
Palo Alto, CA
Product – General /
What is Fizz
Fizz is a social app that allows students to connect with their campus. Each Fizz community has a private and moderated feed of anonymous posts, authored by verified students, providing the most entertaining, relatable, and interesting conversations about student life.
Students can post questions, memes, polls, and chat with other verified students while maintaining control over their identity and privacy. Fizz communities prioritize safety, authenticity, and inclusion through community-based moderation.
Founded by two Stanford dropouts, Fizz is currently expanding to colleges across the US with a mission to redefine the “social network” in a time when legacy platforms lack authenticity and are filled with curated highlight reels.
What we’ve done
We first launched Fizz at Stanford in July 2021 and have since seen >95% of undergraduates join the app, half of which use Fizz every day. Since then, we have raised over $41 million from NEA, Owl Ventures, and Lightspeed, built a rock-solid engineering team with decades of experience at top tech companies, and expanded Fizz to be the dominant community platform at 200+ colleges.
Where we’re going
We are currently in the process of rapidly expanding to all US universities, with the goal of getting there by the end of the 2023-2024 academic school year. We are looking for an ambitious, high performing individual who will spearhead Trust & Safety at Fizz. The T&S Manager will be essential in bridging the gap between Engineering and Community Management to ensure that our communities stay safe as we prepare to 10x our number of users.
- This is not an ordinary role - you will be tasked with building the Trust & Safety function from the ground up here at Fizz
- Collaborate directly with our Co-Founders to architect and implement scalable moderation systems that utilize cutting-edge AI with decentralized teams of community moderators.
- Utilize analytics to track the health of Fizz communities and performance of community moderators
- Collaborate with engineers to build and improve community moderation tools within the app
- Work closely with community management to address user concerns and complaints related to Trust and Safety
- Conduct regular audits and assessments of Fizz’s Trust and Safety measures
- Serve as the external POC for our community moderators
- Strong grasp of communities and a passion to build an engaging, yet safe, social media platform
- Quantitative mindset and strong technical skills - you are not be afraid to get your hands dirty and learn new technologies
- Experience with data analysis and risk assessment
- Extremely strong grasp on product and ability to understand the content and dialogue college students use
- Passion for building intelligent systems that can improve the user experience and safety of our platform
- Experience working at a high-growth startup where you were required to wear multiple hats
$140,000 - $180,000 a year
Fizz is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant, candidate, or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital/domestic partner status, military or veteran status, genetic information or any other legally-recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.