Head of Trust & Safety
Palo Alto, CA /
Engineering – General /
Who we are
Fizz is a private and authenticated platform designed to revolutionize the social fabric of communities, starting with colleges. After verifying a university email address, students use Fizz to post questions, memes, polls, and chat directly with other verified students, all while maintaining full control of their identity and privacy. Fizz communities are safe, authentic, and inclusive, made possible through community-based moderation.
Launched by two Stanford dropouts, Fizz is currently expanding into colleges all across the US. In a time when social media is plagued by curated highlight reels and lack of authenticity, Fizz is on a mission to redefine the definition of a true social network.
What we’ve done
We first launched Fizz at Stanford in July 2021 and have since seen >95% of undergraduates join the app, half of which use Fizz every day. Since then, we have raised over 16M from NEA, Owl Ventures, and Lightspeed, built a rock-solid engineering team with decades of experience at top tech companies, and expanded Fizz to be the dominant community platform at 70+ colleges.
Where we’re going
Our near term goal is to expand to all US universities by the end of the 2023-2024 academic school year. To get there, we are seeking a Head of Trust and Safety to lead the development and implementation of policies, procedures, and practices that ensure the safety and security of our users. The ideal candidate will have a technical background and be able to bridge the gap between Engineering and Community Management to create a safe environment for our users.
- Develop and implement trust and safety policies and procedures for Fizz
- Work closely with the engineering team to develop scalable human in the loop AI community moderation systems
- Work closely with community management to address user concerns and complaints related to trust and safety
- Design systems to track the health of Fizz communities and performance of community moderators
- Conduct regular audits and assessments of Fizz’s Trust and Safety measures
- Identify emerging threats and risks to Fizz’s users and develop proactive strategies to address them
- Strong technical skills, with the ability to work closely with engineering teams and not be afraid to get your hands dirty
- Experience with data analysis and risk assessment
- Extremely strong grasp on product and ability to understand the content and dialogue college students use
- Passion for building intelligent systems that can improve the user experience and safety of our platform
- Experience with SwiftUI, TypeScript, Firebase, or Google Cloud Platform
$140,000 - $200,000 a year
Fizz is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant, candidate, or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital/domestic partner status, military or veteran status, genetic information or any other legally-recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.