Product Design Intern (Summer 2024)
Palo Alto, CA
Internships – Software Engineering /
What is Fizz
Fizz is a social app that allows students to connect with their campus. Each Fizz community has a private and moderated feed of anonymous posts, authored by verified students, providing the most entertaining, relatable, and interesting conversations about student life.
Students can post questions, memes, polls, and chat with other verified students while maintaining control over their identity and privacy. Fizz communities prioritize safety, authenticity, and inclusion through community-based moderation.
Founded by two Stanford dropouts, Fizz is currently expanding to colleges across the US with a mission to redefine the “social network” in a time when legacy platforms lack authenticity and are filled with curated highlight reels.
What we’ve done
We first launched Fizz at Stanford in July 2021 and have since seen >95% of undergraduates join the app, half of which use Fizz every day. Since then, we have raised over $41 million from NEA, Owl Ventures, and Lightspeed, built a rock-solid engineering team with decades of experience at top tech companies, and expanded Fizz to be the dominant community platform at 200+ colleges.
Where we’re going
Our near term goal is to expand to all US universities by the end of 2024, and continue to reimagine Fizz as the most useful platform for college communities and beyond.
We are a small, yet mighty, team of product builders. As a Product Design Intern, you'll work closely with the leadership team, including the two founders of the company, to envision the future of our app. You'll collaborate with the entire engineering team to bring your solutions to life. Interns will be compensated financially and work full time out of our Palo Alto office.
- Assisting with user research and conducting usability testing
- Collaborating with cross-functional teams to gather requirements and develop design concepts
- Creating wireframes, prototypes, and visual designs
- Understanding the needs and preferences of users to create compelling and user-centric designs.
- Iterating on designs based on feedback and user testing results
- Communicating design ideas and concepts effectively
- Currently enrolled or graduating college student who is personally a user of Fizz.
- Strong understanding of product design principles and methodologies.
- Experience conducting usability studies and assisting with user research.
- Experience in building and iterating on digital products.
- Familiarity with relevant technologies and tools used in product design, such as design software and prototyping tools.
$30 - $40 an hour
Fizz is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant, candidate, or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital/domestic partner status, military or veteran status, genetic information or any other legally-recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.