Data Engineer - Deep Learning
Santa Monica, CA 90401
Science – Data - Deep Learning /
Flawless is an award winning film technology company pioneering the generative AI revolution in filmmaking. Solving some of the biggest problems filmmakers face by empowering them with groundbreaking AI powered post production tools, allowing on screen dialogue to be visually changed without the need to reshoot or go back to set. The world’s first system has won multiple awards including TIME Best Inventions.
Founded in 2020 by Hollywood director, Scott Mann and serial technology entrepreneur Nick Lynes, Flawless is opening a world of new possibilities for filmmakers whilst ensuring the responsible adoption of generative AI. With headquarters in London and LA, Flawless has established an exceptional team of 100 world leaders in science, film and technology that have come from the likes of Adobe, Google, Lionsgate, NASA, Sony, Facebook, Microsoft and Apple (click here to find out more).
At Flawless, we are looking for a driven, intelligent and resourceful Deep Learning Data Engineer.
You will be working in an environment based on trust, autonomy and collaboration, and this is a great opportunity for someone who wants to be part of a growing company in its most exciting stage of development. You can play a key part in shaping the future of a company's suite of generative AI tools for VFX, through the curation, development and deployment of multi-modal datasets for our ML models.
As a Deep Learning Data Engineer, you will be responsible for the success of our ML Models efficiency by using machine learning to automate data sourcing, annotating, curating, and deploying large multi-modal datasets within the film media domain. This role will partner closely with our applied ML, lighting, staging, engineering, and film innovation teams to understand data requirements and deliver high-quality datasets that power next-generation AI models. In addition, you will be responsible for tasks like building ML pipelines, data versioning, data DevOps, and persistent storage. Our work in automated visual translation is just the beginning, we’re developing countless exciting products based on the application of our proprietary, cornerstone research.
- Minimum Requirements
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, machine learning, computer vision, or a related field
- 2+ years of experience preparing large datasets for deep learning and neural network models
- 2+ years of experience writing and testing modularized, production-level Python code
- Experience with deep learning frameworks such as PyTorch, Tensorflow, Keras, or MXNET
- Experience building scalable ML pipelines for image and video modalities with tools such as Flyte, Prefect, AirFlow, or Kubeflow
- Experience with data collection, labeling, cleaning, and generation with tools such as LabelBox, SuperAnnotate, Scale Ai, or V7
- Preferred Requirements
- MS in computer science, machine learning, computer vision, or a related field
- Experience with CI / CD automation using tools such as GitHub Actions or GitLab
- Experience setting up and configuring cloud infrastructure resources with tools such as Terraform or CloudFormation
- Experience with various cloud data storage technologies on AWS, GCP, or Azure
- Experience writing production-grade C++
- Experience with audio, text, or 3D data modalities
- Autonomy - You'll own your work from start to finish
- Influence - You'll impact major research decisions
- Publication - You’ll be encouraged to publish your work
- Learning - You’ll push the state-of-the-art with the best in the world
- Impact - Your input genuinely matters
- Hybrid office model
- Stock Options
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision insurance
- 401(k) plan
- Your choice of equipment
- Flawless is proud to emphasize an equal opportunity, safe environment for people to do their best work. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
$125,000 - $150,000 a year
Flawless is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. Flawless is committed to treating all people in a way that allows them to maintain their dignity and independence. Accommodations are available throughout the recruitment process and applicants with a disability may request to be accommodated throughout the recruitment process. We will work with all applicants and employees to accommodate their individual accessibility needs.