Engineering – Engineering /
Flawless is an award winning film technology company pioneering the generative AI revolution in filmmaking. Solving some of the biggest problems filmmakers face by empowering them with groundbreaking AI powered post production tools, allowing on screen dialogue to be visually changed without the need to reshoot or go back to set. The world’s first system has won multiple awards including TIME Best Inventions.
Founded in 2020 by Hollywood director, Scott Mann and serial technology entrepreneur Nick Lynes, Flawless is opening a world of new possibilities for filmmakers whilst ensuring the responsible adoption of generative AI. With headquarters in London and LA, Flawless has established an exceptional team of 100 world leaders in science, film and technology that have come from the likes of Adobe, Google, Lionsgate, NASA, Sony, Facebook, Microsoft and Apple (click here to find out more).
We're entering a very exciting time as we have begun to commercialise our product and are now looking to hire a Staff Engineer to join and lead one of our cross-functional teams in developing cutting-edge features. As a Staff Engineer, you'll be helping to provide technical expertise to further develop our platform’s capabilities, architect solution designs, mentor junior members of the team and help contribute towards the technical direction of our platform.
- A demonstrable history of mentoring and leading software engineers to develop complex back-end systems in Python (Flask) for high web traffic, high speed or platforms with sophisticated data structures.
- Successfully architected and implemented solution designs across the SDLC.
- A background working with AWS Cloud and associated service tools (S3, DynamoDB, EC2, ECS).
- A history leading teams of junior developers across the SDLC.
- Hands-on experience of TDD, building CI/CD pipelines and implementing best engineering practices.
- Previous experience working within Agile environments as well as small, cross-functional software development team(s).
You will be working in an environment based on trust, autonomy and collaboration, and this is a great opportunity for someone who wants to be part of a growing company in its most exciting stage of development. You can play a part in shaping the future of a company that’s caring, creative and collaborative.
In addition to this, you'll also receive:
- A hybrid working environment
- Competitive Salary
- Stock Options
Flawless is proud to emphasize an equal opportunity, safe environment for people to do their best work. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.