Applied Scientist - Generative Audio
Santa Monica, CA 90401
Science – Applied Science /
Flawless is looking for a Applied Scientist - Generative Audio to join our Production Studio. It’s a very exciting time to be joining Flawless, with over 100 employees across London and LA, working with major Hollywood studios on movies with A list actors and also leading advertising agencies and brands. Our groundbreaking AI powered tools, allow any new dialogue to be visually lip synced without the need to reshoot or go back to set. The pioneering system has won multiple awards including TIME Best Inventions.
Founded in 2020 by Hollywood director, Scott Mann and serial technology entrepreneur Nick Lynes, Flawless is opening a world of new possibilities for filmmakers whilst ensuring the responsible adoption of generative AI. With headquarters in London and LA, Flawless has established an exceptional team of world leaders in science, film and technology that have come from the likes of Adobe, Google, Lionsgate, NASA, Sony, Facebook, Microsoft and Apple (click here to find out more).
As a Applied Scientist on the audio team at Flawless you will work with a close-knit, passionate group of world-class researchers, scientists and engineer to tackle some of the most challenging problems in deep learning, including automatic speech recognition, voice activity detection and generative modeling and audio synthesis of human text-to-speech (TTS) and voice conversation, and multi-language synthesis modeling.
- MS in audio synthesis, visual computing, or related fields
- Proficiency in linear algebra, signal processing and numerical optimization
- Proficiency in deep learning techniques with applications in the audio domain including ASR, VAD or TTS (Text-to-Speech), or SST (Speech-to-Speech translation)
- Experience with audio synthesis techniques
- Proficiency in Python, PyTorch, or Tensorflow
- Proficiency in compute platforms such as GCP or AWS
- PhD in audio synthesis techniques, visual computing, or related fields
- Experience with audio problems, including applications of deep learning for denoising, speech recognition, voice activity detection, etc.
- Demonstrate industrial delivery of at-scale AI-based solutions to production, and SaaS products.
- Great coding and software architecture skills with Python (or C++).
- Excellent communication skills to communicate complex ideas, and understand requirements.
Flawless is proud to emphasize an equal opportunity, safe environment for people to do their best work. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.