Research Scientist - Internship - Talking Head Synthesis
Santa Monica, CA 90401
Science – Research Science /
Flawless is an award winning film technology company pioneering the generative AI revolution in filmmaking. Solving some of the biggest problems filmmakers face by empowering them with groundbreaking AI powered post production tools, allowing on screen dialogue to be visually changed without the need to reshoot or go back to set. The world’s first system has won multiple awards including TIME Best Inventions.
Founded in 2020 by Hollywood director, Scott Mann and serial technology entrepreneur Nick Lynes, Flawless is opening a world of new possibilities for filmmakers whilst ensuring the responsible adoption of generative AI. With headquarters in London and LA, Flawless has established an exceptional team of 100 world leaders in science, film and technology that have come from the likes of Adobe, Google, Lionsgate, NASA, Sony, Facebook, Microsoft and Apple (click here to find out more).
As a research scientist intern in the research - computer vision team at Flawless, you will work with a close-knit, passionate group of world-class researchers and scientists to tackle some of the most challenging problems in generative neural rendering, including video-based 3D avatar generation in-the-wild. Our work in visual dubbing is just the tip of the iceberg, we’re developing countless exciting products based on our cornerstone research. This is an unbelievable opportunity to be on the cutting edge of the generative revolution.
Flawless is looking for smart, self-motivated, and committed Research Interns to join our research team in Los Angeles, US. Our interns are given challenging research problems and are provided with a clear project plan during the course of the internship. At Flawless, we want interns to succeed, and we have high expectations for performance, either by advancing the state of the art or bringing unique scientific value to our business.
- Be enrolled in a Master's or Ph.D. program in visual computing, 3D Vision, or related disciplines.
- Have a strong background in math, numerical optimization, and computer graphics.
- Ability to conduct independent research (literature review and prototyping) with minimum supervision
- Have research experience demonstrated through implementing methods from top-tier conferences in computer vision/graphics, and deep learning.
- Be familiar with neural volume rendering and 3D tracking techniques
- Have extensive experience with DL frameworks such as PyTorch, or tensorflow
- Excellentcoding skills in Python
- Research experience with demonstrated publication record at top-tier conferences in computer vision/graphics, and deep learning such as ICCV, CVPR, and SIGGRAPH.
- Extensive experience with neural volume rendering and 3D tracking techniques, especially in 3D face tracking and talking head synthesis from 2D video
- Hands-on experience with NeRF and SDF-based reconstruction techniques
- Familiarity with advanced computer graphics techniques such as inverse/differentiable rendering, physics-based rendering, intrinsic image decomposition, and shadow modeling
- Experience with differentiable renderers, such as PyTorch3D, Mitsuba2, or TensorFlow Graphic
Flawless is proud to emphasize an equal opportunity, safe environment for people to do their best work. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.