Research Engineer Internship - End-to-End Neural Tracking + Rendering
Santa Monica, CA 90401
Science – Research Science /
Flawless is an award winning film technology company pioneering the generative AI revolution in filmmaking. Solving some of the biggest problems filmmakers face by empowering them with groundbreaking AI powered post production tools, allowing on screen dialogue to be visually changed without the need to reshoot or go back to set. The world’s first system has won multiple awards including TIME Best Inventions.
Founded in 2020 by Hollywood director, Scott Mann and serial technology entrepreneur Nick Lynes, Flawless is opening a world of new possibilities for filmmakers whilst ensuring the responsible adoption of generative AI. With headquarters in London and LA, Flawless has established an exceptional team of 100 world leaders in science, film and technology that have come from the likes of Adobe, Google, Lionsgate, NASA, Sony, Facebook, Microsoft and Apple (click here to find out more).
Flawless is looking for smart, self-motivated, and committed Research Engineering Interns to join our research team in Los Angeles, US. Our interns are given challenging research problems and are provided with a clear project plan during the course of the internship. In this role you will have a direct impact in the success of our end-to-end neural rendering capabilities, and help in the expansion of our tools in video content generation. This is an opportunity to work with, and learn from top Scientists in their field, using generative models, and state of the art techniques in 3D face reconstruction, modeling, and neural rendering.
Research focus areas include
3D face reconstruction/modeling in images and videos
Vision Transformers (ViTs) for tracking/detectionImage/video (portrait) synthesis using, e.g., GAN, neural textures, etc.
Neural head avatars
Please be advised that only candidates with expertise in at least two of the areas above will be considered.
This internship is set to start ASAP.
- Be enrolled in a Master or Ph.D. program in visual computing, 3D Vision, or related disciplines.
- Have research experience demonstrated through implementing methods from top-tier conferences in computer vision/graphics, and deep learning.
- Ability to conduct independent research (literature review and prototyping) with minimum supervision
- Have a strong background in math, numerical optimization, and statistical methods.
- Be familiar with neural face rendering and 3D face tracking techniques
- Have extensive experience with DL frameworks such as PyTorch, or tensorflow.
- Excellent coding skills in Python
- Research experience with demonstrated publication record at top-tier conferences in computer vision/graphics, and deep learning such as ICCV, CVPR, and SIGGRAPH.
- Have implemented face image synthesis and 3D face reconstruction techniquesExperience with differentiable renderers, such as PyTorch3D, Mitsuba2, or TensorFlow Graphic
Flawless is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. Flawless is committed to treating all people in a way that allows them to maintain their dignity and independence. Accommodations are available throughout the recruitment process and applicants with a disability may request to be accommodated throughout the recruitment process. We will work with all applicants and employees to accommodate their individual accessibility needs.