Santa Monica, CA 90401
Post Production – Compositing /
Flawless is an award winning film technology company pioneering the generative AI revolution in filmmaking. Solving some of the biggest problems filmmakers face by empowering them with groundbreaking AI powered post production tools, allowing on screen dialogue to be visually changed without the need to reshoot or go back to set. The world’s first system has won multiple awards including TIME Best Inventions.
Founded in 2020 by Hollywood director, Scott Mann and serial technology entrepreneur Nick Lynes, Flawless is opening a world of new possibilities for filmmakers whilst ensuring the responsible adoption of generative AI. With headquarters in London and LA, Flawless has established an exceptional team of 100 world leaders in science, film and technology that have come from the likes of Adobe, Google, Lionsgate, NASA, Sony, Facebook, Microsoft and Apple (click here to find out more).
Flawless is looking for a Compositor to collaborate with other artists, post-production specialists, machine learning engineers, and research scientists.
We have created an environment based on trust, autonomy, and collaboration. This is a great opportunity for someone who wants to be part of a growing company in its most exciting stage of development. You can play a part in shaping the future of a company that’s kind, innovative, and exciting.
As a Compositor, your key responsibilities are to:
Liaise with the Compositing Supervisor and VFX Supervisor to complete shots.
Liaise with Visual Dubbing Supervisors to update progress and estimate time required.
Liaise with other VFX artists and the VFX Supervisor to ensure continuity of shots within sequences.
Quality Control finished composites to identify problems and suggest solutions.
Composite shots of various levels of difficulty in Nuke.
Engage with other VFX artists and the VFX supervisor to suggest improvements to pipeline and processes.
- Ideal candidates will have:
- 3 years+ compositing experience.
- Skill in Nuke X, including the SplineWarp, Smart Vector and MatchGrade nodes.
- Skill in object removal, CG compositing and paint work.
- Skill with rotoscope, key and merge tools to create mattes
- A keen eye for detail, especially in face work.
- Good knowledge of light and shadow, motion blur and video processes.
- Proactive mindset with a desire to learn and develop
- Bonus Skills include:
- Experience on target features and episodic series is a plus.
- Tracking and matchmoving, ideally including good knowledge of Boris FX's Mocha Pro and KeenTools' FaceTracker plugins for Nuke.
- Experience with Davinci Resolve, Blackmagic Fusion.
- Experience with 3d and enhancing 3d renders with 2d effects.
- 3d Camera and projections skills.
- Python scripting.
- This is a staff position
- Candidates must be authorized to legally work in the United States and be available to work in our office in Santa Monica office in a hybrid role.
- Autonomy - You'll own your work from start to finish
- You'll impact major research decisions and publications
- You'll be encouraged to publish work through collaborations with researchers
- You’ll push the state-of-the-art with the best in the world
- Your input genuinely mattersHybrid working environment
- Competitive Salary
- Stock Options
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision insurance 401(k) plan