Product & Design
Who we are
Fleetsmith solves the computer management problem for IT and Security teams: simple and secure provisioning, enforcement, and inventory of devices.
We were motivated to create Fleetsmith by our deep frustration with existing computer management solutions. We knew we could do a lot better. Our product is very powerful, yet incredibly easy-to-use. We bring the product and design focus traditionally only associated with consumer companies to the “enterprise software” space. We’re a company where product comes first, where brand and product are intertwined, and where design is not an afterthought, but is fundamental to the process of making/creating a product our customers love.
At Fleetsmith, you’ll be working with an engineering team that takes just as much care and pride in their craft as you do. Just as our product and design teams are fanatical about creating a delightful and intuitive user experience, our engineering team is just as obsessed with ensuring Fleetsmith is as performant, secure, and reliable as possible.
Who you are
• You have the design experience and foresight to create flexible design paradigms and user flows that enable Fleetsmith to maintain a delightful and intuitive product experience as we expand our feature set.
• You’re comfortable contributing to high-level strategic decisions with the executive team.
• You speak confidently about how your design work relates to the broader product vision and company objectives to stakeholders across the organization.
• You’re passionate about tackling the design process holistically: thinking through user problems, finding delightful solutions, creating initial wireframes that are eventually translated into high-fidelity mocks, and working with engineers to build them. Specifically, you should be confident and comfortable with:
• Fat marker/wire-framing
• Information architecture
• User experience/user flows
• Interaction design
• Visual/UI design
• High fidelity mocks and assets for implementation
• You’re excited about creating a powerful design system from scratch. You’ve got experience creating, updating, and maintaining UI/UX pattern libraries and style guides.
• You view leading user research as a critical part of the design process and understand when to use which research methodology. You believe in—and can create—prototypes which allow you to gain unique insights and discover great product flows.
• You understand the technical decisions and limitations underlying your decisions, and have enough technical chops to communicate your ideas to our engineers.
• You’ve worked in a team setting and have opinions about how to implement/structure an efficient and enjoyable design process. You particularly thrive in an environment with short feedback loops and enjoy collaborating with other designers.
• It’s a natural part of your personality to mentor others, both in terms of helping other designers hone their craft and helping non-design roles understand design methodologies and vocabulary.
• You notice little details, and to prove it you’ll add a “:)" in front of your name when you submit your résumé.
Who you'll be working with
You’ll work closely with (and report to) the CPO. You will also be deeply involved in product development and planning, which at Fleetsmith is a cross-functional process involving engineering, product, and design.
Our commitment to diversity
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We're not particularly concerned with credentialism. If you're excited about this role and you've got the chops, you should apply.
P.S. We actually read the cover letter, so please don't just do a copy/paste job—we'll be able to tell :)