Customer Support Specialist
EPD – Product
Who we are
Fleetsmith puts the mundane and manual parts of device management on autopilot — deploying new devices, inventory, patching, security and compliance enforcement — so IT teams can take on more interesting, valuable, and rewarding work.
The Customer Support team at Fleetsmith is all about ensuring our customers are happy. This doesn’t mean simply answering tickets, but also doing what we can to prevent tickets in the first place (through better documentation, in advocating for product improvements, and so on). As a Customer Support Specialist at Fleetsmith, you will have an integral role in leveraging feedback to shape the product, and advocating for and informing the company vision.
Who will love and excel at this job
• Someone who genuinely enjoys making customers happy. It’s just part of your nature.
• Someone with 2-5 years of experience supporting a technical product, preferably for a SaaS startup.
• Someone who excels at problem solving, troubleshooting, root cause analysis, and so on—problems are simply puzzles waiting to be solved!
• Someone who has a way with words—clear, friendly, and concise.
• Someone with a good foundation for and curiosity about operating systems, device management, networking, etc.
• Someone with a nose for process/efficiency improvements (aka a proactive view of how to deflect tickets and streamline internal process).
• Someone with energy, patience, and the ability to switch gears easily (from ticket to ticket, but also from tickets to projects and back).
• …and last, but certainly not least, someone with empathy.
What your days will look like
• Providing exceptional support to our customers via Zendesk ticketing (no live chat or phone support at this time, but these skills would be nice to have)
• Authoring product documentation (text, screenshots, and video/audio)
• Advocating for the customer and their feedback to the Product team
• Always looking out for ways to improve the customer experience, whether through avenues of customer communication, internal process improvement, internal/external tools, and so on
• Helping support account health and the customer journey as a whole, not always simply responding to the ticket at hand
• Escalating to Product and Engineering when needed, while being able to research, troubleshoot, write a detailed bug report, etc. to set these teams up for success
Who you'll be working with
You’ll work most closely with (and report to) the Customer Support Manager. As this is a cross functional role, you’ll be partnering with the Product, Marketing, Customer Success, and our Engineering teams.
Fleetsmith is hiring two Customer Support Specialists, either remote or in our home office in San Francisco.
Our Culture and Perks
• A friendly, super-talented, and fun group of people!
• Exceptionally collaborative atmosphere - we are all extremely mindful of the end goal and do what we can to help each other out when needed
• Comfortable office in San Francisco with great food and coffee options nearby
• Dog friendly office - meet Willah, our Chief Cuteness Officer!
• Weekly catered lunch and evening food delivery if you’re working into the evening
• Truly great food, snacks, and drinks - we’re a bunch of foodies AND we eat healthy (most of the time…)
• Great benefits, competitive compensation, and generous equity
Our commitment to diversity
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
If you're excited about this role and you think you've got the chops, you should apply. Finally and most importantly—to prove you read this job description, please include a smiley face :) in front of your name when you apply, and also include a short cover letter.
We actually read the cover letter, so please don't just do a copy/paste job—we'll be able to tell :)