Site Reliability Engineer, Infrastructure
Greater Seattle Area /
Product – Engineering /
FLEXE is a team of technology entrepreneurs and logistics experts headquartered in Seattle. We connect retailers and brands in need of warehouse space and eCommerce fulfillment services to organizations that have extra resources. Our cloud-based software platform connects 1300+ warehouse facilities across North America, making the process of sourcing and scaling warehousing and services easy and efficient. FLEXE is transforming the $1.5T logistics industry. FLEXE.com
We are looking for a Site Reliability Engineer to help make all this possible.
As a Site Reliability Engineer, you will join a product development team that's passionate about solving real world problems. Here at FLEXE, we believe that infrastructure drives innovation. That is why we value our infrastructure as much as the core product. Our goal is to build innovative, world-class technology to disrupt the supply chain industry.
What You’ll Do:
- Evolve the technology that is at the heart of our business. You will be responsible for or directly influence how FLEXE architects distributed systems.
- Delivering value from conception to release. Be involved in the complete product development process. You will act as the thought leader for ensuring that the product development teams deliver highly scalable, highly available, predictable services.
- Make FLEXE industry leaders. You will be provided FLEXE’s existing infrastructure and tooling including but not limited to Google Cloud Platform, Kubernetes, Istio, Grafana, Prometheus, and Terraform and the opportunity to take FLEXE to the next level in becoming industry thought leaders in SRE best practices.
- Facilitate personal and team growth. You will work with leadership to establish goals for own individual growth. That combined with mentoring and supporting other engineers, you will directly contribute to scaling out the organization.
- Value a healthy and productive culture. You will work in an environment that values ambitious but sustainable growth. The best page is the one that you never receive. We encourage design and investment in resilient systems to minimize support burden.
What we’re looking for:
- 2+ years of user interface related Software Development / Site Reliability / DevOps experience.
- Proven track record empowering other engineers and maintaining infrastructure as code.
- Proven track record with a Cloud Platform provider including, but not limited to, Google Cloud Platform, Amazon Web Services, or Microsoft Azure.
- Experience with monitoring, log management, and CI/CD tools for distributed systems.
- Experience with or a desire to learn technologies such as Kubernetes, Istio, and Terraform while delivering risk balanced solutions.
The benefits package at FLEXE is thoughtfully designed to help people lead healthy lives in and outside of work.
-Health benefits for individual:
--Dental and vision are covered 100%
--Medical is covered 100% for HSA or a tiny premium for PPO.
-401k Matching Program
-Internet Stipend, while we're 100% work from home
-20 days of PTO
-12 Total Holidays
--9 company holidays (We've added Juneteenth to our list of holidays observed)
--3 floating holidays
--Take your birthday off!
-Take your birthday off!
-Paid Parental Leave & Bereavement Leave
-Industry learning initiatives with talks, demos, site visits. Etc.
Working at FLEXE:
Here are a few perks that make day to day work at FLEXE even more enjoyable:
-Choice of MacBook or PC and monitor setup, and height adjustable standing desk
-Located in historic Pioneer Square; restaurants, bars, shops, and mass transit hub
-PhilanthroFLEXE program. A quarterly program where we give back to the community through volunteer work, fundraising drives, etc.
Other benefits available when in-office:
-Bike lockers and showers
-Fully stocked pantry and beverage fridge
-Team sports such as Kickball, Softball, etc.
FLEXE participates in E-Verify, an employment authorization program through the U.S. Department of Homeland Security and the Social Security Administration.
FLEXE is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.