HR Business Partner & Operations Specialist
Greater Seattle Area
G&A – HR
FLEXE is a team of technology entrepreneurs and logistics experts headquartered in Seattle. We connect retailers and brands in need of warehouse space and eCommerce fulfillment services to organizations that have extra resources. Our cloud-based software platform connects 1000+ warehouse facilities across North America, making the process of sourcing and scaling warehousing and services easy and efficient. FLEXE is transforming the $1.5T logistics industry. www.flexe.com
We are looking for a self-reliant, experienced HR Business Partner with a strong interest in developing HR operations programs to support our growing team. HR Business Partner will have at least 3 years experience (tech/startup experience strongly preferred). The ideal candidate is a positive, creative team player with great hustle, results driven, has an understanding of urgency, a strong ability to "wrangle and rally", and a sense of empathy for others. We love our team, our office, and what we do and we hope to find the right person to help drive our exceptional company into the future.
Specifically, this role will be responsible for helping to develop our HR operations function, including HRIS system implementation, analytic reporting, dashboard creation, compensation, benefits and leave programs in addition as well as any number of additional activities necessary to help support our growing company.
HR Business Partner & Operations Responsibilities Include:
- Proactively seek and take initiative for process improvements, automation and data analytics to assist in scaling the HR team
- Lead project and programmatic areas of employment screens and background check policies and best practices
- Payroll management through ADP Workforce Now
- Lead the ADA and adverse action processes in close partnership with Legal
- Support immigration processes, documentation and systems
- Manage job and organizational changes in HRIS systems, including 401k and benefits
- Provide operational support as it relates to compensation, promotions, terminations and new hires
- Create dashboards and provide reporting and analytics on people and organizational-related metrics
- Manage the development and maintenance of the HRIS tools and systems
- Provide technical guidance on the operation and maintenance of the human resources data systems
- Develop SOPs and document workflows
- Provide training and guidance on HR tools
- Assist in administering employee perks and benefits
- Manage the benefit reconciliation process
- Support leave of absence programs
- Participate in the day-to-day administration of the benefit programs for team members by answering questions, processing documents on a timely basis, and provides data for required reports
- Assist with company compliance with all existing governmental and labor legal and government reporting requirements, including but not limited to, any related to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO), the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA), Department of Labor, Occupational Safety and Health (OSHA)
- BS/BA degree
- 3+ years experience of training and development and HR Business Partner experience, ideally in tech/start up, fast-paced, high growth environment
- Experience with an HRIS system (ideally ADP) and excellent Excel, MS Office, Google Suite skills
- Superior verbal and written communication skills, with an emphasis on tact and diplomacy
- Strong mindset for continuous improvement, process streamlining, increasing efficiency and meeting or exceeding client expectations
- Proven project management and operations skills with demonstrated ability to manage cross functional projects and initiatives
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with proven ability to organize and analyze data, using HRIS systems for reporting
- Demonstrated experience supporting corporate health and wellness benefits as well as leave of absence programs
- Ability to establish strong relationships and credibility at all levels and geographies throughout the organization and cross-functionally
- Effective listener and problem-solver of people issues, able to serve as spokesperson and role model for ethics and corporate values
- Comfort with ambiguity; ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Broad knowledge of HR functional disciplines (e.g., organizational development, talent management, employee relations, staffing, and compensation/benefits)Effective listener and problem-solver of people issues, able to serve as spokesperson and role model for ethics and corporate values
- In-depth understanding of federal, state and local laws relating to HRA Bachelor's degree with 3+ years of directly relevant experience in HR/People Operations
- Understanding of urgency/time sensitive and confidential issues
- Professional and positive attitude
- Experience with scaling teams strongly preferred
- Strong interpersonal and planning skills in a fast-paced environment while remaining professional and calm
The benefits package at FLEXE is thoughtfully designed to help people lead healthy lives in and outside of work.
-Health benefits for individual:
--Dental and vision are covered 100%
--Medical is covered 100% for HSA or a tiny premium for PPO.
-Company 401k plan
-Fully paid Orca Card or parking stipend
-15 days of PTO and 9 company holidays
-Industry learning initiatives with talks, demos, site visits. Etc.
-Relocation assistance if necessary
Working at FLEXE:
Here are a few perks that make day to day work at FLEXE enjoyable:
-Choice of MacBook or PC and monitor setup, and height adjustable standing desk
-Located in historic Pioneer Square; restaurants, bars, shops, and mass transit hub
-PhilantroFLEXE program. A quarterly program where we give back to the community through volunteer work, fundraising drives, etc.
-Fully stocked pantry and beverage fridge
-Caffe Umbria coffee and cold brew during the summer
-Team sports such as Kickball, Softball, etc.
-Team Building/Celebration Events include - Pedicures, Paintball, Mariner's Games, Happy Hours, Go-Kart Racing, Game Nights, Community Service, and more!
FLEXE is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.