VP, Network Development
Greater Seattle Area
Operations – Network Development
FLEXE is a team of technology entrepreneurs and logistics experts headquartered in Seattle. We connect retailers and brands in need of warehouse space and eCommerce fulfillment services to organizations that have extra resources. Our cloud-based software platform connects 1300+ warehouse facilities across North America, making the process of sourcing and scaling warehousing and services easy and efficient. FLEXE is transforming the $1.5T logistics industry. FLEXE.com
We are looking for a VP, Network Development to lead the supply side of the FLEXE marketplace. The Network Development team owns the warehouse partner relationships and ensures a quality match is delivered for all shipper needs with the appropriate FLEXE warehouse partner. The VP, Network Development will own the development and execution of strategy and continue to build our network of warehouse operators. This leader will increase engagement by building partnership programs for strategic warehouse partners and develop and track quality metrics on performance, as well as continue to develop best practices in account management for the supply side of the FLEXE marketplace.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible for building engagement and performance strategy across the 1,300+ warehouses in the FLEXE network and ensures warehouse capacity can meet demand.
- Lead strategic initiatives to strengthen warehouse partner engagement and ensure capacity is sufficient for long-term growth.
- Manage FLEXE’s relationships across all warehouse partners from Tier 1 3PL operators through regional providers. This team is responsible for vetting, onboarding, and selling the FLEXE model. Ensure FLEXE model and value props resonate with warehouse partners.
- Collaborate and partner with the internal Business Development/Account Management org to successfully secure all new revenue opportunities within the FLEXE network of warehouse operators. Partner with the Operations and Solutions team to ensure operational, facility, and quality expectations can be met to support customer needs.
- Partner with engineering team to ensure FLEXE platform meets operator and network development needs.
- Improve quality and speed and other critical KPI’s and identify areas for improvement that allow for scale.
- Manage escalations and corrective actions across warehouse operator's organization to ensure quality outcomes.
- Lead and develop team, providing positive and critical feedback and coaching, helping create and manage team goals, and creating a great team culture as well as involvement in recruiting and hiring.
- 7+ years in leadership roles
- Experience with warehousing and supply chain processes, systems, and solutions. 10 years industry experience preferred (dealing with external clients/vendors or in a 3PL environment).
- Demonstrated and proven ability to take on new initiatives and deliver results in a fast paced and changing environment.
- Proven ability to communicate with stakeholders across all levels.
- Experience working with WMS, ERP, transportation and technology platforms.
- Experience in business development or account management preferred.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Up to 30% travel
- Located in or willing to relocate to Seattle, WA--relocation assistance provided if needed
The benefits package at FLEXE is thoughtfully designed to help people lead healthy lives in and outside of work.
-Health benefits for individual:
--Dental and vision are covered 100%
--Medical is covered 100% for HSA or a small premium for PPO.
-Company 401k and matching plan
-Fully paid Orca Card or parking stipend
-20 days of PTO
-10 company holidays
-2 floating holidays
-Take your birthday off!
-Paid Parental Leave & Bereavement Leave
-Industry learning initiatives with talks, demos, site visits. Etc.
Working at FLEXE:
Here are a few perks that make day to day work at FLEXE enjoyable:
-Choice of MacBook or PC and monitor setup, and height adjustable standing desk
-Located in historic Pioneer Square; restaurants, bars, shops, and mass transit hub
-PhilanthroFLEXE program. A quarterly program where we give back to the community through volunteer work, fundraising drives, etc.
-Fully stocked pantry and beverage fridge
-Team sports such as Kickball, Softball, etc.
-Team Building/Celebration Events - For Example: Pedicures, Paintball, Mariners Games, Happy Hours, Go-Kart Racing, Game Nights, Community Service, and more!
FLEXE participates in E-Verify, an employment authorization program through the U.S. Department of Homeland Security and the Social Security Administration.
FLEXE is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.