Greater Seattle Area /
G&A – Legal /
FLEXE is a team of technology entrepreneurs and logistics experts headquartered in Seattle. We connect retailers and brands in need of warehouse space and eCommerce fulfillment services to organizations that have extra resources. Our cloud-based software platform connects 1300+ warehouse facilities across North America, making the process of sourcing and scaling warehousing and services easy and efficient. FLEXE is transforming the $1.5T logistics industry. FLEXE.com
We are seeking an experienced attorney to support our rapidly growing contract-intensive business and contribute to the evolution of our legal team and systems. This attorney will work directly with our commercial teams to draft, review and negotiate contracts and solve problems. They will prioritize and thoughtfully balance a positive contracting experience for our customers with protection of the company’s interests. In addition, the attorney will help develop and support systems and resources to maximize efficient and effective contract and other commercial processes to achieve the company’s strategic goals. They will report to the Director of Legal – Commercial.
Contract Review and Negotiation
- This role will serve as a primary attorney responsible for contract review, negotiation and drafting, including contracts with our customers, subcontractors and vendors.
- The role will include assessing and prioritizing contract intake requests, conducting contract reviews and negotiations, working with outside counsel as needed, and responding to contract-related internal inquiries.
- The attorney will work directly with internal clients and with counsel for customers and others to negotiate contracts and resolve issues.
- The attorney will also be expected to proactively identify and recommend contract-related process improvements to create greater efficiencies and effectiveness, and to conduct contract process and issues trainings across company departments.
- The ideal candidate will have a passion for negotiation and problem solving, and genuine enthusiasm for fostering partnerships across functions and levels to make the business better.
- The attorney will play a significant role in the organization and management of contracts company wide.
- The position’s contract management responsibilities will include historical contract identification, location, organization and tracking of key terms.
- Responsibilities will also include support of the implementation and operation of a contract management software solution (CMS).
Legal Team Support
- This position will play a key role in a growing legal department so the attorney must be willing to assist in new areas as our business may require.
- Areas of support through legal research, problem solving or other engagement may include licensing, product counseling, intellectual property issues, privacy and security, and other issues related to data/content management.
- The attorney will also be expected to help train, support and supervise other legal team members, including a paralegal and legal project manager.
- JD with state bar admission (Washington preferred)
- 7+ years of relevant contract experience (in-house experience preferred)
- Very strong organizational skills, especially the ability and confidence to assess and prioritize competing, time-sensitive projects
- Significant experience drafting and negotiating enterprise contracts, including commercial and SaaS agreements
- Detail-oriented in all aspects of practice, including specifically contract analyses and organizational management
- Clear and succinct verbal and written communication skills
- Aptitude for innovative and goal-oriented problem solving in service of business objective
- Excellent judgment and ability to balance business needs & goals and legal risks
- Comfortable working independently and as cross-functional partner
- Experience scaling organizations and creating/implementing tools, practices and policies to drive efficiency and effectiveness (experience with contract management software a plus)
- Experience in 3PL, logistics and/or transportation industries (preferred but not required)
- Ability to support and foster company values and ethics
- Currently, all employees work remotely (from home).
- Office, remote and hybrid office/remote work options considered in future.
- When working in office, environment is indoors climate-controlled, open-concept work space.
- When working remotely, work is performed in employee’s home or other space/co-working space.
- Off core-hours work will be necessary at times to meet business needs and deadlines.
- Eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard, photocopier, telephone and other office equipment
- Normal range of hearing and vision to record, prepare and communicate appropriate reports
- Work on computers and sitting or standing for long periods of time in an office or remote (work from home) environment
- Occasional high stress when dealing with tight deadlines
- Must be mentally adaptable and flexible in dealing with a variety of people
- Ability to lift PCs and other office-related equipment
This job description does not imply that these are the only duties to be performed. Employees occupying this position will be required to follow any other related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by their supervisor.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty and meet the physical requirements satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The benefits package at FLEXE is thoughtfully designed to help people lead healthy lives in and outside of work.
-Health benefits for individual:
--Dental and vision are covered 100%
--Medical is covered 100% for HSA or a small premium for PPO.
-401k Matching Program
-Internet Stipend, while we're 100% work from home
-$300 Work from home office reimbursement
-20 days of PTO
-13 Total Holidays
--10 company holidays (We've added Juneteenth to our list of holidays observed)
--2 floating holidays
--Take your birthday off!
-Paid Parental Leave & Bereavement Leave
-Paid Volunteer Time
-Industry learning initiatives with talks, demos, site visits. Etc.
Working at FLEXE:
Here are a few perks that make day to day work at FLEXE even more enjoyable:
-Choice of MacBook or PC and monitor setup, and height adjustable standing desk
-Located in historic Pioneer Square; restaurants, bars, shops, and mass transit hub
-PhilanthroFLEXE program. A quarterly program where we give back to the community through volunteer work, fundraising drives, etc.
Other benefits available when in-office:
-Bike lockers and showers
-Fully stocked pantry and beverage fridge
-Team sports such as Kickball, Softball, etc.
FLEXE participates in E-Verify, an employment authorization program through the U.S. Department of Homeland Security and the Social Security Administration.
FLEXE is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.