Director of Strategic Accounts
Greater Chicago Area /
Sales – Account Management /
FLEXE is a team of technology entrepreneurs and logistics experts headquartered in Seattle. We connect retailers and brands in need of warehouse space and eCommerce fulfillment services to organizations that have extra resources. Our cloud-based software platform connects 1300+ warehouse facilities across North America, making the process of sourcing and scaling warehousing and services easy and efficient. FLEXE is transforming the $1.5T logistics industry. FLEXE.com
The Director of Strategic Accounts (DSA) will have responsibility to manage primary relationships between FLEXE and a select group of highly strategic customer partnerships. The DSA will be responsible for developing a strong understanding of the customer’s supply chain and business objectives, and will design strategic account plans that facilitate long term business growth, continuous improvement, and client satisfaction. The DSA will also be required to operate collaboratively within the internal FLEXE organization, influencing & executing effectively within a matrixed organization environment.
- Function as primary advocate for the client, understanding business needs, and developing and implementing effective solutions.
- Build strong, cross functional relationships with all levels of a customer organization.
- Responsible for budgeting, forecasting, and overall account profitability.
- Develop a firm knowledge of the client’s supply chain and industry.
- Organize & lead strategic business reviews with a client to: review service, develop consensus on short & long term initiatives, and create new growth opportunities.
- Understand competitive landscape, market insights, and effectively communicate across key internal and external stakeholders.
- Ownership of and accountability to revenue projections for account portfolio.
- Accountable to defined revenue growth targets for account portfolio.
- Drive solution concept, design, vision and relay that vision to both the client/partner and within our organization.
- Utilize data and scorecards to review trends and develop actionable outcomes.
- Facilitate contract negotiation & pricing with clients.
- Minimum of 7 years experience in account management, business development, or sales in a supply chain/logistics industry.
- Exceptional written, oral, and presentation communication skills.
- Industry Certification preferred - APICS (CSCP), SCPro, or similar.
- Expert presentation skills.
- Keyboarding skills and computer literacy with spreadsheets, word processing, presentations and other related programs.
- Experience in negotiating customer contracts & pricing.
- Ability to travel up to 50%.
The benefits package at FLEXE is thoughtfully designed to help people lead healthy lives in and outside of work.
-Health benefits for individual:
--Dental and vision are covered 100%
--Medical is covered 100% for HSA or a small premium for PPO.
-401k Matching Program
-Internet Stipend, while we're 100% work from home
-20 days of PTO
-13 Total Holidays
--9 company holidays (We've added Juneteenth to our list of holidays observed)
--3 floating holidays
--Take your birthday off!
-Paid Parental Leave & Bereavement Leave
-Industry learning initiatives with talks, demos, site visits. Etc.
Working at FLEXE:
Here are a few perks that make day to day work at FLEXE even more enjoyable:
-Choice of MacBook or PC and monitor setup, and height adjustable standing desk
-Located in historic Pioneer Square; restaurants, bars, shops, and mass transit hub
-PhilanthroFLEXE program. A quarterly program where we give back to the community through volunteer work, fundraising drives, etc.
Other benefits available when in-office:
-Bike lockers and showers
-Fully stocked pantry and beverage fridge
-Team sports such as Kickball, Softball, etc.
FLEXE participates in E-Verify, an employment authorization program through the U.S. Department of Homeland Security and the Social Security Administration.
FLEXE is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.