Greater Seattle Area
Operations – Operations
FLEXE is a team of technology entrepreneurs and logistics experts headquartered in Seattle. We connect retailers and brands in need of warehouse space and eCommerce fulfillment services to organizations that have extra resources. Our cloud-based software platform connects 1300+ warehouse facilities across North America, making the process of sourcing and scaling warehousing and services easy and efficient. FLEXE is transforming the $1.5T logistics industry. FLEXE.com
As an Operations Manager, you will report to the Director of Operations and be a leader in the overall Ops team. In that capacity you will be responsible for overseeing the work of a team of front line operations resources (Ops coordinators), as well as be assigned ownership of projects and initiatives that support clients across the team. The team will be responsible for designated customer day to day account management, billing, customer set-ups and demos for new projects, and will also participate in process improvement projects to simplify and improve workflows that support the entire team.
FLEXE is a technology start-up, and every team member and leader must engage with the software development lifecycle, and prepare for UAT, user readiness, end user deployment planning for any new Tech features. Your team will be responsible for launching new warehouse sites for new and/or existing customers and you will drive standard processes which enable warehouses to be successful using FLEXE software to ship customer orders. You will be assigned functional stewardship of Logistics modules/components such as OMS, WMS, etc. and provide input on design and prioritization decisions related to software needed for our clients/our business. You will be responsible for professional development of your team, including supporting them with onboarding, 1x1s, stretch opportunities, providing positive and critical feedback and coaching, helping create and manage quarterly goals, and creating a great team culture.
In this role, you will:
- Develop and lead your team, including supporting them with onboarding, 1:1’s, and stretch opportunities
- Partner with Recruiting to recruit, interview, and hire new team members
- Define and lead process improvement projects, and quantify results
- Act as a functional steward of components of the FLEXE platform such as OMS, WMS, etc, and work closely with tech teams to provide input and prioritization of decisions related to our software
- Be a point of escalation as needed responsible for managing desired outcomes for warehouse and shipper disputes.
- Create and roll out trainings, SOPs, Job Aids, and other tools to convey how the FLEXE platform works (externally and internally)
- Teach and coach team on how to successfully deploy software to end users, execute UAT, and create end user training and rollout plans
- Define best practice processes for engagement with partner teams including Solution Implementations team, Network Development team, Product teams and Account Management
- Drive quality initiatives and improvements for the team, including cross functional initiatives with product, analytics and sales teams.
- 3-5 years experience managing a team in the Operations/Logistics/Warehousing space, including experience with performance development, goal setting, and career progression
- Experience partnering with tech teams to improve functionality and prioritize decisions related to software
- Has built and presented business cases to cross functional leaders to move an opportunity forward
- Experience owning or being involved in the launch of a new warehouse, including familiarity with project phases to bring a warehouse online, ability to analyze and provide feedback on warehouse operational plans (pick/ship volume, labor plans)
- Experience teaching and coaching others to successfully deploy software to end users, execute UAT, and create end user training and rollout plans
- Ability to participate in on call schedule (1 week/quarter)
- Ability to travel up to 25%
The benefits package at FLEXE is thoughtfully designed to help people lead healthy lives in and outside of work.
-Health benefits for individual:
--Dental and vision are covered 100%
--Medical is covered 100% for HSA or a small premium for PPO.
-Company 401k and matching plan
-Fully paid Orca Card or parking stipend
-20 days of PTO
-12 Total Holidays
--8 company holidays
--3 floating holidays
--Take your birthday off!
-Paid Parental Leave & Bereavement Leave
-Industry learning initiatives with talks, demos, site visits. Etc.
Working at FLEXE:
Here are a few perks that make day to day work at FLEXE enjoyable:
-Choice of MacBook or PC and monitor setup, and height adjustable standing desk
-Located in historic Pioneer Square; restaurants, bars, shops, and mass transit hub
-PhilanthroFLEXE program. A quarterly program where we give back to the community through volunteer work, fundraising drives, etc.
-Fully stocked pantry and beverage fridge
-Team sports such as Kickball, Softball, etc.
-Team Building/Celebration Events - For Example: Pedicures, Paintball, Mariners Games, Happy Hours, Go-Kart Racing, Game Nights, Community Service, and more!
FLEXE participates in E-Verify, an employment authorization program through the U.S. Department of Homeland Security and the Social Security Administration.
FLEXE is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.