Customer Support Supervisor - Zendesk
Greater Seattle Area /
Operations – Operations /
FLEXE is a team of technology entrepreneurs and logistics experts headquartered in Seattle. We connect retailers and brands in need of warehouse space and eCommerce fulfillment services to organizations that have extra resources. Our cloud-based software platform connects 1300+ warehouse facilities across North America, making the process of sourcing and scaling warehousing and services easy and efficient. FLEXE is transforming the $1.5T logistics industry. FLEXE.com
The FLEXE Operations team is looking for a Customer Support Supervisor to join our department and lead a team of operations associates who respond to customer inquiries in a Zendesk Queue. This team works with customers that have enlisted FLEXE to help them supplement or outsource their fulfillment operations for eCommerce and retail distribution. We provide software and logistics support to enable efficient and high quality execution from our warehouses on behalf of our customers.Users at warehouses and at client teams use the FLEXE Warehouse Management System to manage inventory, monitor orders and fulfill orders. Their first line of defense if they get stuck or need help with those activities is the Zendesk support team. The Zendesk team provides support to external warehouses and clients pertaining to a broad array of issues ranging from user access/navigation to shipping paperwork issue resolution. An ideal candidate is knowledgeable about the inner workings of warehousing, retail distribution and/or eCommerce fulfillment, and has experience with responding to customer inquiries related to product fulfillment/shipping and software, and has previously managed customer service teams.
This position will report to operations leadership and will help develop our critical front-line team of Ops Associates. This will include training and onboarding new hires, establishing standard work processes for an ever changing set of requests, establishing high service standards and using data to measure and monitor success. The Zendesk team is fairly new at FLEXE and is expanding! A dedicated supervisor will be critical to mining the customer contact data to help drive prioritization of solutions that can make our customers work more efficiently and need to contact FLEXE less!
- Plan and prepare work schedules, assign team members to specific duties
- Direct line management of Zendesk team, including performance coaching and reviews
- Work in the Zendesk queue, communicating with customers via phone and email
- Manage escalations where the team needs assistance in performing difficult or complicated duties, or where there is a client/warehouse conflict to resolve
- Build standard metrics to manage team efficiency related to # of contacts, time to resolve, type of issues, and value to the customer
- Present Zendesk key contact drivers and propose projects and initiatives to reduce the need for a contact (contact reduction programs)
- Present to Ops leadership and cross functional FLEXE teams to gain buy-in and support for contact reduction/customer delight programs
- 4+ years working in customers support/customer service, preferably in a Distribution/Logistics environment
- 1+ yrs experience as a supervisor of customer service/support team members
- Experience with performance management of employees
- Demonstrated experience analyzing call center/support queue metrics and driving improvements
- Highly effective written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with SQL, Excel, other similar tools used to extract and manipulate data
- Able to diffuse conflict, and seek resolution to customer issues
- Ability to adapt to frequent changes in types of customer inquiries
- Ability to identify root cause of complex problems, develop and evaluate options to resolve
- Must be authorized to work in the US without restriction. We will not be sponsoring visas for this role at this time
The benefits package at FLEXE is thoughtfully designed to help people lead healthy lives in and outside of work.
-Health benefits for individual:
--Dental and vision are covered 100%
--Medical is covered 100% for HSA or a small premium for PPO.
-401k Matching Program
-Internet Stipend, while we're 100% work from home
-20 days of PTO
-13 Total Holidays
--9 company holidays (We've added Juneteenth to our list of holidays observed)
--3 floating holidays
--Take your birthday off!
-Paid Parental Leave & Bereavement Leave
-Industry learning initiatives with talks, demos, site visits. Etc.
Working at FLEXE:
Here are a few perks that make day to day work at FLEXE even more enjoyable:
-Choice of MacBook or PC and monitor setup, and height adjustable standing desk
-Located in historic Pioneer Square; restaurants, bars, shops, and mass transit hub
-PhilanthroFLEXE program. A quarterly program where we give back to the community through volunteer work, fundraising drives, etc.
Other benefits available when in-office:
-Bike lockers and showers
-Fully stocked pantry and beverage fridge
-Team sports such as Kickball, Softball, etc.
FLEXE participates in E-Verify, an employment authorization program through the U.S. Department of Homeland Security and the Social Security Administration.
FLEXE is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.