Strategic Market Director
New Jersey /
Operations – Network Development /
FLEXE is a team of technology entrepreneurs and logistics experts headquartered in Seattle. We connect retailers and brands in need of warehouse space and eCommerce fulfillment services to organizations that have extra resources. Our cloud-based software platform connects 1300+ warehouse facilities across North America, making the process of sourcing and scaling warehousing and services easy and efficient. FLEXE is transforming the $1.5T logistics industry. FLEXE.com
We are looking for a Strategic Market Director who will focus on building new warehouse partnerships and managing our existing network in the Eastern New Jersey/Pennsylvania market. The Strategic Market Director will own and develop a strategic geographic market or markets in support of FLEXE client needs for quality flexible fulfillment and logistics needs. The Director will work to achieve and maintain adequate space for and partner count to quota in order to deliver on our “never full” commitment to the FLEXE Commercial team. The Director will own all facets of partner success in their assigned market(s).
- Market Development:
- Networking with 1P and 3P fulfillment networks to evangelize the FLEXE value proposition to potential partners to ensure compliance to capacity quota.
- Constantly performing outbound marketing efforts to develop new high-quality partners on an ongoing basis.
- Act as market expert informing the organization of any changes in market conditions that would impact company goals or client needs.
- Site Audits / Onboarding Sites:
- Performing site validation audits to review partner fit for inclusion in the FLEXE network including: security audit, validation of space quality, provider readiness to handle complex fulfillment such as retail compliance, carton picks and medium complexity eCommerce.
- Manage all activities associated with getting a validated site active on the FLEXE network including collection of idle space information, costing, and confirmation of wifi access.
- Collect costing information (space and labor) in standardized way across market to support FLEXE market intelligence and costing tool maintenance.
- Market Maintenance:
- Monitoring space availability in his or her market(s) monthly to assure compliance to capacity quota.
- Monitoring provider KPIs monthly to assure assigned sites are performing at or above standard.
- Performing QBRs with sites.
- Working with below standard sites on remediation plans to bring performance in line with SLAs.
- Coordinate with Directors in other markets as needed to manage national and global 3PL and 1P networks as assigned.
- Costing in Support of Deal Flow:
- Leverage market based expertise to filter quotes to Commercial team to support competitive bids being presented to prospective clients.
- Offer guidance pricing support to improve quote quality and win % of new deals.
- Cross Functional Support:
- Handling escalations from Operations.
- Supporting contract renegotiations for Commercial team as needed.
- Supporting client onboardings as needed for larger, complex projects.
- Support contract negotiations with warehouse partners as needed.
- Other special projects as required.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 5+ years experience in Sales, Client Management, Onboarding or Operations in 3rd party logistics business required
- A deep knowledge of warehouse operations required
- Ability to credibly interface with warehouse partners on a tactical/operational level and a strategic level
- Experience in client management including running QBRs, involvement in security and operational audits, and being the voice of the customer
- Ability to manage long term planning in a strategic market
- Proficiency in Office, principally Excel and PowerPoint or Google suite principally Sheets and Slides
- Experience with WMS, ERP and TMS systems preferred
- Demonstrated success in collaborating with multiple stakeholders internally and externally
- Able to travel 20% including international travel as needed
- Must be authorized to work in the US without restriction. We will not be sponsoring visas for this role at this time
The benefits package at FLEXE is thoughtfully designed to help people lead healthy lives in and outside of work.
-Health benefits for individual:
--Dental and vision are covered 100%
--Medical is covered 100% for HSA or a small premium for PPO.
-401k Matching Program
-Internet Stipend, while we're 100% work from home
-20 days of PTO
-13 Total Holidays
--9 company holidays (We've added Juneteenth to our list of holidays observed)
--3 floating holidays
--Take your birthday off!
-Paid Parental Leave & Bereavement Leave
-Industry learning initiatives with talks, demos, site visits. Etc.
Working at FLEXE:
Here are a few perks that make day to day work at FLEXE even more enjoyable:
-Choice of MacBook or PC and monitor setup, and height adjustable standing desk
-Located in historic Pioneer Square; restaurants, bars, shops, and mass transit hub
-PhilanthroFLEXE program. A quarterly program where we give back to the community through volunteer work, fundraising drives, etc.
Other benefits available when in-office:
-Bike lockers and showers
-Fully stocked pantry and beverage fridge
-Team sports such as Kickball, Softball, etc.
FLEXE participates in E-Verify, an employment authorization program through the U.S. Department of Homeland Security and the Social Security Administration.
FLEXE is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.