Director, Solutions Design & Implementation
Greater Seattle Area /
Operations – Solutions /
FLEXE is a team of technology entrepreneurs and logistics experts headquartered in Seattle. We connect retailers and brands in need of warehouse space and eCommerce fulfillment services to organizations that have extra resources. Our cloud-based software platform connects 1300+ warehouse facilities across North America, making the process of sourcing and scaling warehousing and services easy and efficient. FLEXE is transforming the $1.5T logistics industry. FLEXE.com
The Director, Solutions Design & Implementation, has the primary responsibility to support all FLEXE solution and implementation activities for across new and existing opportunities. You will ensure that the most effective FLEXE solution and workflow is designed, proposed and implemented to meet customer needs and warehouse capabilities. We are looking for a transformational leader with proven experience in scaling an organization with aggressive year over year revenue targets. Ability to design in conjunction with the key internal & external stakeholder’s timelines, scope requirements and leverage FLEXE WMS functionality. As the Solutions Design & Implementations Director, you will be a critical cross-functional leader who can successfully partner with sales, operations, supply, product and engineering teams to ensure a successful solution and implementation for both our clients and warehouse partners. You will partner with sales to support them on technical aspects, collecting scope requirements from clients and the overall sales process. You thrive in seeking solutions, managing projects across multiple departments and thinking big about new innovative fulfillment opportunities. You will be an expert in the FLEXE WMS, warehouse solutions and process flow, and industry best practices.
Our environment is fast-paced and always changing; the ideal candidate will be able to think strategically and manage both short term and long term objectives effectively and be ready to jump into tactical details as well. If you enjoy non-stop action and a fast-paced business with challenging logistics problems to solve, this is the right opportunity for you.
- Team Leadership:
- Lead and develop a growing team, providing positive and critical feedback and coaching, helping create and manage team goals, and creating a great, inclusive team culture as well as involvement in recruiting and hiring.
- Provide strategic direction for key company initiatives for a rapidly growing logistics technology company.
- Influence and design organizational support structures best suited to sustain aggressive year over year growth targets for both current and future revenue channels.
- Solution Development and Design:
- Manage team of solutions engineers & analysts who partner with Business Development in sales process.
- Design process that facilitates collection of project & scope details and develops solutions that are focused on meeting the strategic needs of the customer and that optimizes capabilities of FLEXE WMS.
- Design analysis activities and needs assessments to interpret and analyze customer data to design best practice solutions.
- Partners with product managers and software engineers to ensure functionality will support and scale with the needs of the client.
- Influence product roadmap and functionality for future development through specific client and warehouse feedback and use cases.
- Implementation and Project Management:
- Provide exceptional leadership support for implementation of new client engagements and business expansion with existing customers from onboarding through go-live and steady state.
- Ensure smooth onboarding of all FLEXE 3PL warehousing projects across multiple locations in the US and Canada, addressing areas for improvement.
- Spearhead operational and implementation improvement initiatives both specific to client needs and across the organization.
- 15+ years of experience working in a warehousing logistics group to set up, upgrade and improve logistics performance within an operations environment
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Deep understanding of WMS functionality, warehouse execution and design and overlap of operational and technical workflows
- Continuous improvement initiatives experience focused on implementation, cost reduction, experience in Six Sigma and Lean supply chain is preferred
- Effective verbal and written communication skills as extensive collaborations with diverse cross functional teams is required
- A history of “hands-on” approach to problem solving and implementation across multiple stakeholders internally and externally
- Demonstrated success in collaborating with multiple stakeholders internally and externally
- Experience scaling an organization and working in an aggressive growth mode company
- Result-oriented with excellent project management skills and proven capabilities in prioritizing, planning, assigning and controlling objectives
- Ability to travel as needed to support new implementations and customer needs
- Must be authorized to work in the US without restriction. We will not be sponsoring visas for this role at this time.
The benefits package at FLEXE is thoughtfully designed to help people lead healthy lives in and outside of work.
-Health benefits for individual:
--Dental and vision are covered 100%
--Medical is covered 100% for HSA or a small premium for PPO.
-401k Matching Program
-Internet Stipend, while we're 100% work from home
-20 days of PTO
-13 Total Holidays
--9 company holidays (We've added Juneteenth to our list of holidays observed)
--3 floating holidays
--Take your birthday off!
-Paid Parental Leave & Bereavement Leave
-Industry learning initiatives with talks, demos, site visits. Etc.
Working at FLEXE:
Here are a few perks that make day to day work at FLEXE even more enjoyable:
-Choice of MacBook or PC and monitor setup, and height adjustable standing desk
-Located in historic Pioneer Square; restaurants, bars, shops, and mass transit hub
-PhilanthroFLEXE program. A quarterly program where we give back to the community through volunteer work, fundraising drives, etc.
Other benefits available when in-office:
-Bike lockers and showers
-Fully stocked pantry and beverage fridge
-Team sports such as Kickball, Softball, etc.
FLEXE participates in E-Verify, an employment authorization program through the U.S. Department of Homeland Security and the Social Security Administration.
FLEXE is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.