Product Designer (UI/UX)
Greater Seattle Area
Product – Design
FLEXE is a team of technology entrepreneurs and logistics experts headquartered in Seattle. We connect retailers and brands in need of warehouse space and eCommerce fulfillment services to organizations that have extra resources. Our cloud-based software platform connects 1000+ warehouse facilities across North America, making the process of sourcing and scaling warehousing and services easy and efficient. FLEXE is transforming the $1.5T logistics industry. www.flexe.com
As a Product Designer at FLEXE, you will be leveraging your design and problem-solving skills to continuously improve the experience of our on-demand logistics marketplace. Applying user-centered design practices, you will solve real problems that build business pipelines
As an early member of the FLEXE design team you will play an instrumental role in crafting the future of our products. We’re a motivated, humble and adaptable group of learners, striving to innovate in an old-school, pen and paper industry.
- Empathetic and inquisitive.
- A strong background in visual design, typography, user experience, interaction and ideation.
- At least 4 years of experience designing responsive websites and/or mobile applications.
- An excellent independent contributor with a passion for design, entrepreneurship and technology.
- Self motivated, positive, open minded, with a desire to collaborate and learn.
- Pixel perfect attention to detail.
- Ability to create interactive prototypes.
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced startup environment.
- Willing and able to communicate effectively across all levels of the organization.
- Familiarity working with and helping define product metrics and incorporating data and research insights into design.
What you’ll do:
- Design and prototype elegant solutions for our mobile and web apps.
- Play a lead role in developing our design system, style guide and component library.
- Identify user needs, sketch solutions, test prototypes and iterate on ideas.
- Work cross-functionally with Product, Engineering and Operations to develop the strategy and rationale for features.
- Deeply understand our users through research, testing and insights.
- You’ll be an active contributor in how we continue to improve our design process.
- Present work at all stages of the design process; from wireframe to hi-fi prototype.
As part of the interview process, be prepared to present to your work, whether that’s a portfolio or projects you’re dying to bring to life. We’re particularly excited to see how your decision-making has influenced the visuals, interactions and experiences that you present.
We look forward to meeting you!
The benefits package at FLEXE is thoughtfully designed to help people lead healthy lives in and outside of work.
-Health benefits for individual:
--Dental and vision are covered 100%
--Medical is covered 100% for HSA or a tiny premium for PPO.
-Company 401k plan
-Fully paid Orca Card or parking stipend
-15 days of PTO and 9 company holidays
-Industry learning initiatives with talks, demos, site visits. Etc.
-Relocation assistance if necessary
Working at FLEXE:
Here are a few perks that make day to day work at FLEXE enjoyable:
-Choice of maxed out MacBook Pro or PC and 27” monitor setup and height adjustable standing desk
-Located in historic Pioneer Square; restaurants, bars, shops, and mass transit hub
-PhilantroFLEXE program. A quarterly program where we give back to the community through volunteer work, fundraising drives, etc.
-Fully stocked pantry and beverage fridge
-Caffe Umbria coffee and cold brew during the summer
-Team sports such as Kickball, Softball, etc.
-Team Building/Celebration Events include - Pedicures, Paintball, Mariner's Games, Happy Hours, Go-Kart Racing, Game Nights, Community Service, and more!
FLEXE is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.