Senior Director, Business Development
Greater Austin Area /
Sales – Business Development /
FLEXE is a team of technology entrepreneurs and logistics experts headquartered in Seattle. We connect retailers and brands in need of warehouse space and eCommerce fulfillment services to organizations that have extra resources. Our cloud-based software platform connects 1300+ warehouse facilities across North America, making the process of sourcing and scaling warehousing and services easy and efficient. FLEXE is transforming the $1.5T logistics industry. FLEXE.com
We are looking for an experienced and entrepreneurial leader for our business development team, leading an effort from the front lines as we transform the logistics industry by bringing dynamic warehousing and fulfillment to market. The ideal candidate will have a demonstrated track record of success in complex enterprise solutions sales, with a focus on contract logistics and end-to-end supply chain solutions, both as an individual contributor, and as a manager of independent and experienced sales people. This position reports to the Vice President of Business Development, and will work closely with many other cross functional teams across our organization. Note - this role can be 100% remote.
- Leadership and management of a team of experienced enterprise solutions sellers
- Working closely with our Network Development, Operations, Solutions Engineering, and Product/Tech teams to develop winning solutions that solve our clients’ unique business problems
- Ownership of new customer acquisition targets, annual sales quotas, and gross & net revenue targets
- Thought leadership and strategy on establishing target account segments and go-to-market strategies
- Engagement of clients through a highly consultative approach
- Provide team leadership and guidance on solution concept design, sales strategy, and best practices for managing complex sales cycles both internally at FLEXE and externally with the client
- Developing top-to-top executive engagement strategies with clients & prospects
- Sales process design and implementation to continually optimize team output and productivity
- Designing and leading sales rep training programs
- Partnership and collaboration on process design and engagement with various internal cross-functional teams
- 5-7 years of experience as an individual contributor in business development and sales roles in the contract logistics and/or supply chain space
- 3-5 years of sales management experience
- Ability to credibly interface with senior client personnel at both the tactical/operational level and the strategic level
- Proven success developing and closing new business
- Familiarity with web-based software products
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Willingness and ability to travel up to 50% as needed
- Past experience in a tech startup environment is a plus but not a requirement
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Up to 40% travel expected in a post-COVID environment
- Must be authorized to work in the US without restriction. We will not be sponsoring visas for this role at this time
The benefits package at FLEXE is thoughtfully designed to help people lead healthy lives in and outside of work.
-Health benefits for individual:
--Dental and vision are covered 100%
--Medical is covered 100% for HSA or a small premium for PPO.
-401k Matching Program
-Internet Stipend, while we're 100% work from home
-20 days of PTO
-13 Total Holidays
--9 company holidays (We've added Juneteenth to our list of holidays observed)
--3 floating holidays
--Take your birthday off!
-Paid Parental Leave & Bereavement Leave
-Paid Volunteer Time
-Industry learning initiatives with talks, demos, site visits. Etc.
Working at FLEXE:
Here are a few perks that make day to day work at FLEXE even more enjoyable:
-Choice of MacBook or PC and monitor setup, and height adjustable standing desk
-Located in historic Pioneer Square; restaurants, bars, shops, and mass transit hub
-PhilanthroFLEXE program. A quarterly program where we give back to the community through volunteer work, fundraising drives, etc.
Other benefits available when in-office:
-Bike lockers and showers
-Fully stocked pantry and beverage fridge
-Team sports such as Kickball, Softball, etc.
FLEXE participates in E-Verify, an employment authorization program through the U.S. Department of Homeland Security and the Social Security Administration.
FLEXE is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.