Principal Software Engineer
Greater Seattle Area /
Product – Engineering /
FLEXE is a team of technology entrepreneurs and logistics experts headquartered in Seattle. We connect retailers and brands in need of warehouse space and eCommerce fulfillment services to organizations that have extra resources. Our cloud-based software platform connects 1300+ warehouse facilities across North America, making the process of sourcing and scaling warehousing and services easy and efficient. FLEXE is transforming the $1.5T logistics industry. FLEXE.com
We are looking for a Principal Software Engineer to help make all this possible.
As a Principal Software Engineer, you will join a product development team that's passionate about solving real world problems. Here at FLEXE we promote developer autonomy and empower engineering teams to own a piece of the customer experience. Our goal is to build innovative, world-class technology to disrupt the supply chain industry. Note - this role can be 100% remote.
What You'll Do:
- Evolve the FLEXE technology strategy and product offering to meet the current and future business needs. You will be directly responsible for large portions of the FLEXE architecture, implementation, and operational excellence.
- Solve FLEXE’s most impactful and exciting problems from conception to release. You will work directly with customers, industry partners, and internal FLEXE teams to design, implement, and deliver large scale strategic projects.
- Be a “hands on” technical leader that educates the FLEXE engineering community while personally delivering exemplary engineering solutions. You will play a significant and meaningful role in the career development of others.
- Value a healthy and productive culture. You will work in an environment that values ambitious but sustainable growth. You will identify and resolve defects by small and large before they impact customers or FLEXE teams.
What We're Looking For:
- 10+ years of commercial Software Development experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent experience.
- Significant experience delivering large scale, business critical systems using Service Oriented Architecture or Microservice design patterns.
- Significant experience designing, implementing, and operating high scale, highly available cloud based systems.
- Demonstrated success working across multiple disciplines such as Sales, Finance, or Operations.
- [Preferred] Experience with Warehouse Management, Logistics, Transportation, or Finance systems.
- [Preferred] Experience as a technical team leader and experience guiding the technical work of three plus development teams.
The benefits package at FLEXE is thoughtfully designed to help people lead healthy lives in and outside of work.
-Health benefits for individual:
--Dental and vision are covered 100%
--Medical is covered 100% for HSA or a tiny premium for PPO.
-401k Matching Program
-Internet Stipend, while we're 100% work from home
-20 days of PTO
-12 Total Holidays
--9 company holidays (We've added Juneteenth to our list of holidays observed)
--3 floating holidays
--Take your birthday off!
-Take your birthday off!
-Paid Parental Leave & Bereavement Leave
-Industry learning initiatives with talks, demos, site visits. Etc.
Working at FLEXE:
Here are a few perks that make day to day work at FLEXE even more enjoyable:
-Choice of MacBook or PC and monitor setup, and height adjustable standing desk
-Located in historic Pioneer Square; restaurants, bars, shops, and mass transit hub
-PhilanthroFLEXE program. A quarterly program where we give back to the community through volunteer work, fundraising drives, etc.
Other benefits available when in-office:
-Bike lockers and showers
-Fully stocked pantry and beverage fridge
-Team sports such as Kickball, Softball, etc.
FLEXE participates in E-Verify, an employment authorization program through the U.S. Department of Homeland Security and the Social Security Administration.
FLEXE is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.