Sr. Director, Logistics Strategy
Greater Seattle Area /
Sales – Business Development /
FLEXE is a team of technology entrepreneurs and logistics experts headquartered in Seattle. We connect retailers and brands in need of warehouse space and eCommerce fulfillment services to organizations that have extra resources. Our cloud-based software platform connects 1300+ warehouse facilities across North America, making the process of sourcing and scaling warehousing and services easy and efficient. FLEXE is transforming the $1.5T logistics industry. FLEXE.com
We are looking for an experienced Sr. Director of Logistics Strategy to partner with sales and marketing to inform, educate and advise the industry about how to transform logistics using dynamic warehousing and fulfillment. What are Flexible Logistics? The application of new models that allow for dynamic, on-demand - flexible - logistics capabilities as a complement to current, fixed systems.
This position reports to the Chief Growth Officer and will work closely with clients and prospects to understand needs, analyze operations, develop insights and strategies and present those recommendations educationally and persuasively. This is the first, and lead, role that will build the Logistics Strategy Team - composed of Logistics Architects.
This person must be able to work effectively with other FLEXE teams including sales, marketing, product and engineering, and operations. In addition to strong writing, presentation and analytical skills, the candidate must have demonstrated experience in logistics strategy and consulting.
Specific responsibilities include
- Supporting new sales and existing client growth as well as marketing efforts in a variety of capacities
- Running customer requirements discovery sessions in Quarterly Business Reviews and other dedicated efforts
- Developing and presenting logistics network analysis reports and running scenarios for our commercial team as primary owner of our network analysis software
- Developing and presenting warehouse operations analysis reports
- Creating and presenting flexible network logistics strategies for prospects and customers
- Ideating, managing and writing flexible logistics industry insights for marketing and educational purposes
- Working closely with technical product managers and product teams to define and direct logistics programs/solutions
- Providing analysis, insight and strategy recommendations internally to support sales, marketing and client growth initiatives
- Creating, managing and delivering educational/thought leadership content via a variety of channels (ie in-person, webinar, written, etc..)
- 10-15 years working in logistics and/or as a logistics consultant with a major firm.
- Technical understanding of Network Design, including:
- Inventory placement and distribution, relative to desired inbound and outbound transportation service levels
- Use of data to run network analysis (using network analysis software).
- Proficient with excel data modeling, and organizing/presenting findings.
- Technical understanding of Warehouse layout and design, including:
- Slotting and inventory profiles, optimal stock rotation
- Picking and outbound strategies
- Modern warehouse automation, mechanization, and control systems
- Comfortable leading client calls ranging from initial discovery and brainstorming, through technical scoping/data gathering, and then finally presenting solutions.
- Experience running education/training sessions and/or delivering thought leadership presentations
- Exceptional analytical and quantitative problem-solving skills
- Strong record of leadership in an academic, professional, or extracurricular setting
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
- Ability to work effectively with people at all levels in an organization
- Excellent writing and presentation skills
- Bachelor's degree required; advanced graduate degree (e.g., MBA, PhD, etc.) preferred
The benefits package at FLEXE is thoughtfully designed to help people lead healthy lives in and outside of work.
-Health benefits for individual:
--Dental and vision are covered 100%
--Medical is covered 100% for HSA or a small premium for PPO.
-401k Matching Program
-Internet Stipend, while we're 100% work from home
-$300 Work from home office reimbursement
-20 days of PTO
-13 Total Holidays
--10 company holidays (We've added Juneteenth to our list of holidays observed)
--2 floating holidays
--Take your birthday off!
-Paid Parental Leave & Bereavement Leave
-Paid Volunteer Time
-Industry learning initiatives with talks, demos, site visits. Etc.
Working at FLEXE:
Here are a few perks that make day to day work at FLEXE even more enjoyable:
-Choice of MacBook or PC and monitor setup, and height adjustable standing desk
-Located in historic Pioneer Square; restaurants, bars, shops, and mass transit hub
-PhilanthroFLEXE program. A quarterly program where we give back to the community through volunteer work, fundraising drives, etc.
Other benefits available when in-office:
-Bike lockers and showers
-Fully stocked pantry and beverage fridge
-Team sports such as Kickball, Softball, etc.
FLEXE participates in E-Verify, an employment authorization program through the U.S. Department of Homeland Security and the Social Security Administration.
FLEXE is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.