Greater Seattle Area /
Operations – Operations /
FLEXE is a team of technology entrepreneurs and logistics experts headquartered in Seattle. We connect retailers and brands in need of warehouse space and eCommerce fulfillment services to organizations that have extra resources. Our cloud-based software platform connects 1300+ warehouse facilities across North America, making the process of sourcing and scaling warehousing and services easy and efficient. FLEXE is transforming the $1.5T logistics industry. FLEXE.com
As a Logistics Manager, you will report to a Sr. Logistics Manager and be a leader in the overall Operations team. In that capacity you will be responsible for overseeing the work of a team of front line Logistics Analysts, as well as be assigned ownership of projects and initiatives that support clients and/or warehouses across the team. Your team will be responsible for day to day warehouse execution and support for a group of clients with inventory in third party warehouses across the US and Canada. You will be responsible for assigning accounts, hiring/training your team members, and driving process improvement activities in order to simplify operations as the FLEXE business evolves. Logistics Analyst team members may be remote/not based at the FLEXE HQ in Seattle, WA.
Your team will be responsible for supporting the launch of new third party warehouses for new and/or existing customers with highly variable inventory types (from insulation to food to toys) and fulfillment flows (eComm to retail to same-day ship). You will help your team solve logistics problems which enable warehouses to be successful in shipping customer orders and meeting Service Level Agreements. You will be responsible for professional development of your team, including supporting them with onboarding, 1x1s, stretch opportunities, providing positive and critical feedback and coaching, helping create and manage quarterly goals, and creating a great team culture. FLEXE is a technology start-up, and as such Ops team members will be asked to participate in requirements definition for new system improvements, User Acceptance Testing, and user training for new Tech (WMS/OMS) features.
This can be a fully remote position.
In this role you will:
- Ensure third party warehouses adhere to high standards of operational excellence, measuring and monitoring Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) for operations
- Develop and lead your team, including hiring/ onboarding, 1:1’s, goal setting and stretch opportunities
- Define, develop and implement process improvement projects to increase quality/reduce costs, and quantify results
- Be a point of escalation as needed responsible for managing desired outcomes for warehouse and shipper disputes
- Create and roll out trainings, SOPs, Job Aids, and other tools to convey how the FLEXE platform works (externally and internally) in partnership with the Learning team
- Define best practice processes for engagement with partner teams including Solution Implementations team, Network Development team, Product/Tech teams and Account Management/Business Development
- Manage your team resources to balance their time between new launch efforts, improving operations with long standing clients, and departmental projects.
- 3-5 years experience managing a team in the Operations/Logistics/Warehousing space preferred, including experience with performance development, goal setting, and career progression
- Experience owning or being involved in the launch of a new warehouse, including familiarity with project phases to bring a warehouse online, ability to analyze and provide feedback on warehouse operational plans (pick/ship volume, labor plans)
- Experience identifying when system issues are causing service delays and making recommendations to resolveHas built and presented business cases to cross functional leaders to move an opportunity forward
- Demonstrated experience moving at fast pace with competing priorities (Ex: multiple warehouse launches/new client launches every month)
- Preferred experience managing remote team members
- Ability to participate in on-call schedule as escalation point (6 weeks/yr)
- Ability to travel up to 25%
- Must be authorized to work in the US without restriction. We will not be sponsoring visas for this role at this time
The benefits package at FLEXE is thoughtfully designed to help people lead healthy lives in and outside of work.
-Health benefits for individual:
--Dental and vision are covered 100%
--Medical is covered 100% for HSA or a small premium for PPO.
-401k Matching Program
-Internet Stipend, while we're 100% work from home
-20 days of PTO
-13 Total Holidays
--10 company holidays (We've added Juneteenth to our list of holidays observed)
--2 floating holidays
--Take your birthday off!
-Paid Parental Leave & Bereavement Leave
-Paid Volunteer Time
-Industry learning initiatives with talks, demos, site visits. Etc.
Working at FLEXE:
Here are a few perks that make day to day work at FLEXE even more enjoyable:
-Choice of MacBook or PC and monitor setup, and height adjustable standing desk
-Located in historic Pioneer Square; restaurants, bars, shops, and mass transit hub
-PhilanthroFLEXE program. A quarterly program where we give back to the community through volunteer work, fundraising drives, etc.
Other benefits available when in-office:
-Bike lockers and showers
-Fully stocked pantry and beverage fridge
-Team sports such as Kickball, Softball, etc.
FLEXE participates in E-Verify, an employment authorization program through the U.S. Department of Homeland Security and the Social Security Administration.
FLEXE is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.