Logistics Procurement Manager
Greater Atlanta Area /
Operations – Network Development /
FLEXE is a team of technology entrepreneurs and logistics experts headquartered in Seattle. We connect retailers and brands in need of warehouse space and eCommerce fulfillment services to organizations that have extra resources. Our cloud-based software platform connects 1300+ warehouse facilities across North America, making the process of sourcing and scaling warehousing and services easy and efficient. FLEXE is transforming the $1.5T logistics industry. FLEXE.com
The Logistics Procurement Manager will own the partner selection and ongoing management of all transportation partners across all geographies and modes for FLEXE. The Manager will be responsible for securing capacity and rates that meet client needs and that allow FLEXE to achieve and maintain margin goals.
- Vendor vetting and selection including: choosing the partners needed to meet client demand, negotiating contracts with chosen providers and balancing providing a range of options for clients with the need to concentrate demand and drive competitive pricing
- Creating and executing a scaleable onboarding process including working with product team on integration prioritization, working with warehouse partners to streamline carrier pickup, and supporting new client onboarding as needed
- Act as a logistics SME internally and externally
- Manage capacity planning with carriers to ensure client needs are met, with particular focus on new project launches and peak season
- Provide market intelligence on freight cost by mode
- Develop logistics offering at FLEXE by spearheading prioritization and commercial efforts for all modes of service, and streamlining processes to make logistics revenue scalable
- Cross functional support including supporting onboarding efforts, handling escalations/questions from Operations, sales and AM SME support, and other special projects as required.
- 10+ years experience in Sales, Client Management, Onboarding or Operations in 3rd party logistics business required
- A deep knowledge of logistics operations and processes across all modes and the ability to apply that knowledge strategically and tactically
- Demonstrated ability to own all carrier relationships and represent FLEXE to the carrier community
- Excellent at collaborating cross functionally to achieve best results for FLEXE, our clients and our partners.
- Experience in client management including running QBRs, managing balanced scorecards and negotiating contracts
- Mastery of INCO terms
- Experience with industry tools like Manifesting and TMS systems preferred
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred
- Able to travel up to 20% including international travel as needed
- Must be authorized to work in the US without restriction. We will not be sponsoring visas for this role at this time.
The benefits package at FLEXE is thoughtfully designed to help people lead healthy lives in and outside of work.
-Health benefits for individual:
--Dental and vision are covered 100%
--Medical is covered 100% for HSA or a small premium for PPO.
-401k Matching Program
-Internet Stipend, while we're 100% work from home
-20 days of PTO
-13 Total Holidays
--9 company holidays (We've added Juneteenth to our list of holidays observed)
--3 floating holidays
--Take your birthday off!
-Paid Parental Leave & Bereavement Leave
-Paid Volunteer Time
-Industry learning initiatives with talks, demos, site visits. Etc.
Working at FLEXE:
Here are a few perks that make day to day work at FLEXE even more enjoyable:
-Choice of MacBook or PC and monitor setup, and height adjustable standing desk
-Located in historic Pioneer Square; restaurants, bars, shops, and mass transit hub
-PhilanthroFLEXE program. A quarterly program where we give back to the community through volunteer work, fundraising drives, etc.
Other benefits available when in-office:
-Bike lockers and showers
-Fully stocked pantry and beverage fridge
-Team sports such as Kickball, Softball, etc.
FLEXE participates in E-Verify, an employment authorization program through the U.S. Department of Homeland Security and the Social Security Administration.
FLEXE is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.