Vice President, Finance and Accounting
Greater Seattle Area /
G&A – Finance /
FLEXE is a team of technology entrepreneurs and logistics experts headquartered in Seattle. We connect retailers and brands in need of warehouse space and eCommerce fulfillment services to organizations that have extra resources. Our cloud-based software platform connects 1300+ warehouse facilities across North America, making the process of sourcing and scaling warehousing and services easy and efficient. FLEXE is transforming the $1.5T logistics industry. FLEXE.com
We are looking for a talented Vice President of Finance and Accounting to join the Finance and Accounting team to drive sound financial and accounting processes to support business growth. This position reports to the General Counsel and is focused on supporting FLEXE’s business strategy, including development of appropriate financial teams, systems, processes, and internal controls.
This person must be able work effectively with other FLEXE teams including sales, strategy, marketing, product and engineering, operations, legal and people. In addition to strong finance, accounting and analytical skills, the candidate must have demonstrated experience in the enterprise software or logistics technology industries and a proven ability to develop and lead highly engaged teams.
What You'll Do
- Service as a strategic partner to senior leadership in developing and implementing financial processes and systems to support all revenue streams from opportunity identification to cash collection and payment.
- Lead all areas of finance and accounting including financial budgeting and forecasting, financing (e.g., debt & lines of credit), accounting, tax, treasury and annual audit. Develop an efficient tax strategy and ensure tax compliance, domestic and, in time, international.
- Develop processes to ensure financial results are available timely, distributed to appropriate departments and utilized for business decision making.
- Lead financial planning and results management by providing insight and recommendations to both short-term and long-term growth plan of organization; utilizing KPIs and other revenue and cost drivers for business decision making. Build, mentor, and develop a talented and highly-engaged team dedicated to achieving business goals and working collaboratively across departments.
- Communicate, engage, influence and interact with CEO, Senior Leadership Team, Board of Directors, investors, and other stakeholders.
- Ensure systems and processes are developed to ensure appropriate internal controls and compliance with US GAAP, legal and tax requirements.
- Lead and develop internal financial policies, procedures to support new revenue and business opportunities
- Identify, acquire and implement systems and software to provide critical financial and operational information. Evaluate and make suggestions for automating processes and increasing working efficiency. Manage all corporate insurance policies and partner with legal on entity level risk assessments
Does This Sound Like You?
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Accounting, Finance or related discipline
- Accounting designation (CPA preferred) or an equivalent combination of related experience and education
- Minimum 15 years accounting experience in relevant positions and environments.
- Experience of team leadership; including the recruiting, training and retaining of skilled finance and accounting staff
- Experience scaling a finance operation through rapid growth toward public company readiness
- Possesses a high sense of urgency and a strong desire for excellence
- Strong analytical and organizational skills, including development and implementation of financial models, systems and processes
- Excellent writing, visual and presentation/communications skills
- Communication – ability to clearly and simply articulate ideas, framing problems and solutions
- Change management - demonstrated ability to drive organizational change
- Experience with venture capital and/or private equity experience preferred
- Enterprise software/SAAS background, including revenue recognition experience, strongly preferred
- Supply chain and/or logistics experience a strong plus
- Experience with Big Four accounting firms a plus
The benefits package at FLEXE is thoughtfully designed to help people lead healthy lives in and outside of work.
-Health benefits for individual:
--Dental and vision are covered 100%
--Medical is covered 100% for HSA or a small premium for PPO.
-401k Matching Program
-Internet Stipend, while we're 100% work from home
-20 days of PTO
-13 Total Holidays
--9 company holidays (We've added Juneteenth to our list of holidays observed)
--3 floating holidays
--Take your birthday off!
-Paid Parental Leave & Bereavement Leave
-Industry learning initiatives with talks, demos, site visits. Etc.
Working at FLEXE:
Here are a few perks that make day to day work at FLEXE even more enjoyable:
-Choice of MacBook or PC and monitor setup, and height adjustable standing desk
-Located in historic Pioneer Square; restaurants, bars, shops, and mass transit hub
-PhilanthroFLEXE program. A quarterly program where we give back to the community through volunteer work, fundraising drives, etc.
Other benefits available when in-office:
-Bike lockers and showers
-Fully stocked pantry and beverage fridge
-Team sports such as Kickball, Softball, etc.
FLEXE participates in E-Verify, an employment authorization program through the U.S. Department of Homeland Security and the Social Security Administration.
FLEXE is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.