Director, Network Development
Greater Seattle Area
Operations – Supply
FLEXE is a team of technology entrepreneurs and logistics experts headquartered in Seattle. We connect retailers and brands in need of warehouse space and eCommerce fulfillment services to organizations that have extra resources. Our cloud-based software platform connects 1000+ warehouse facilities across North America, making the process of sourcing and scaling warehousing and services easy and efficient. FLEXE is transforming the $1.5T logistics industry. www.flexe.com
The Network Development Team at FLEXE thrives on finding and building relationships with warehouse providers who are a great fit for the FLEXE network. We are searching for an entrepreneurial candidate to come on board as a Network Development Director.
This role’s focus is to build strategic relationships with top-level 3PL’s, position them as partners in the FLEXE network, and engage with them on a commercial basis for specific business opportunities.
The ideal candidate will have 7-10 years of operations management and sales experience with a Tier 1 3PL and will be fluent across a range of operational types including Ecommerce Fulfillment and Retail Fulfillment & Compliance. This role will require ~50% time in the field meeting with operators,.
This is a new position at FLEXE and so will require a start-up mentality and a desire to shape the role to have the greatest impact on the business. This is an excellent opportunity to leverage your industry experience and ignite your career by coming in on the ground floor of a fast growing startup.
As a Network Development Director at FLEXE your key responsibilities will be to:
- Develop strategies and tactics to engage key warehouse partners. Identify decision makers and stakeholders, and build trusted relationships.
- Engage with key operators on a commercial basis for specific business opportunities.
- As required, partner with Sales to design and present FLEXE solutions to key clients.
- Share your industry experience with internal teams to support overall team development.
- Effectively balance multiple priorities.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience.
- 7-10 years experience managing Warehouse Operations, and/or selling Contract Logistics solutions, preferably at a Tier 1 3PL.
- Experience with Ecommerce and Retail Fulfillment Operations, in addition to wholesale & distribution operations.
- Client-facing experience - equally comfortable talking with client management and company executives.
- Flexibility to changing work requirements based on shifting priorities.
- Willingness to travel.
The benefits package at FLEXE is thoughtfully designed to help people lead healthy lives in and outside of work.
-Health benefits for individual:
--Dental and vision are covered 100%
--Medical is covered 100% for HSA or a tiny premium for PPO.
-Company 401k plan
-Fully paid Orca Card or parking stipend
-15 days of PTO and 9 company holidays
-Industry learning initiatives with talks, demos, site visits. Etc.
-Relocation assistance if necessary
Working at FLEXE:
Here are a few perks that make day to day work at FLEXE enjoyable:
-Choice of MacBook or PC and monitor setup, and height adjustable standing desk
-Located in historic Pioneer Square; restaurants, bars, shops, and mass transit hub
-PhilantroFLEXE program. A quarterly program where we give back to the community through volunteer work, fundraising drives, etc.
-Fully stocked pantry and beverage fridge
-Caffe Umbria coffee and cold brew during the summer
-Team sports such as Kickball, Softball, etc.
-Team Building/Celebration Events include - Pedicures, Paintball, Mariner's Games, Happy Hours, Go-Kart Racing, Game Nights, Community Service, and more!
FLEXE is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.