Logistics Implementation Project Manager
Greater Seattle Area /
Operations – Solutions /
FLEXE is a team of technology entrepreneurs and logistics experts headquartered in Seattle. We connect retailers and brands in need of warehouse space and eCommerce fulfillment services to organizations that have extra resources. Our cloud-based software platform connects 1300+ warehouse facilities across North America, making the process of sourcing and scaling warehousing and services easy and efficient. FLEXE is transforming the $1.5T logistics industry. FLEXE.com
As a FLEXE Logistics Implementation Project Manager you will engage with existing and new customers to ensure a successful onboarding experience for new 3PL warehousing projects. You will have a direct impact on the FLEXE bottom line by effectively managing resources, timelines, and project deliverables to pave the way for new revenue!
You will take a lead role in coordinating, communicating, and managing the onboarding of new FLEXE 3PL warehousing projects in various locations across the US and Canada. You will be viewed as the face of FLEXE and be expected to represent our company in a positive light while working through challenging timelines, limited resources, changing customer expectations, and ever-changing project scopes.
Our environment is fast-paced and always changing, the ideal candidate will possess an open mind and be ready to jump in and apply fundamental project management principles to help maintain some level of structure in an atmosphere of organized chaos as we grow our platform and customer base. If you enjoy non-stop action and a fast-paced business FLEXE is the place for you!
What You'll Do
- Act as the overall project manager to support onboarding of new 3PL warehousing clients in one or multiple warehouses across North America.
- Provide traditional Project Management support in areas such as:
- Confirming the scope of work, customer requirements, and project expectations
- Developing the project timeline
- Managing project resources
- Defining, communicating, monitoring and escalating project risks
- Managing project scope changes
- Hosting internal and external project team meetings
- Communicating updates to the project team and key stakeholders
- Building relationships with all parties
- Managing conflict
- Coordinating project close-out and lessons learned activities
- Coordinate activities in the following areas:
- Inbound freight shipments to the warehouse
- Set-up of the FLEXE WMS system
- Integration between the FLEXE WMS and client system
- Outbound shipping setup (Parcel and LTL)
- Mobile device deployment
- Warehouse readiness (staffing, layout, equipment, training)
- Billing / invoicing process
- FLEXE software enhancements
Skills & Experience Required
- Experience interacting with multiple internal departments, customers, and warehouse partners.
- Experience escalating issues to senior stakeholders and following-up to resolve time sensitive concerns.
- Experience hosting both internal and external meetings, maintaining a positive relationship with the customer while working through challenging timelines, difficult personalities, scope changes, and gaps in communication.
- Experience keeping meetings on track and enforcing the agenda when senior stakeholders are present.
- Experience dealing and resolving tension using standard project management practices.
- Experience with implementing and executing resource, change, and risk management.
- Excellent with both written and verbal communication.
- 3-5 Years working as a project manager in a fast-paced business environment.
- 1-2 years experience in the logistics industry.
- A degree or certification in fundamental Project Management is a plus.
- Experience using Smartsheets is a plus.
- Experience using a warehouse WMS system is a plus.
- Ability to travel up to 10% of time.
The benefits package at FLEXE is thoughtfully designed to help people lead healthy lives in and outside of work.
-Health benefits for individual:
--Dental and vision are covered 100%
--Medical is covered 100% for HSA or a small premium for PPO.
-Fully paid Orca Card or parking stipend
-20 days of PTO
-13 Total Holidays
--9 company holidays (We've added Juneteenth to our list of holidays observed)
--3 floating holidays
--Take your birthday off!
-Paid Parental Leave & Bereavement Leave
-Industry learning initiatives with talks, demos, site visits. Etc.
Working at FLEXE:
Here are a few perks that make day to day work at FLEXE even more enjoyable:
-Choice of MacBook or PC and monitor setup, and height adjustable standing desk
-Located in historic Pioneer Square; restaurants, bars, shops, and mass transit hub
-PhilanthroFLEXE program. A quarterly program where we give back to the community through volunteer work, fundraising drives, etc.
Other benefits available when in-office:
-Bike lockers and showers
-Fully stocked pantry and beverage fridge
-Team sports such as Kickball, Softball, etc.
FLEXE participates in E-Verify, an employment authorization program through the U.S. Department of Homeland Security and the Social Security Administration.
FLEXE is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.