Senior Revenue Accountant
Greater Seattle Area /
G&A – Finance /
FLEXE is a team of technology entrepreneurs and logistics experts headquartered in Seattle. We connect retailers and brands in need of warehouse space and eCommerce fulfillment services to organizations that have extra resources. Our cloud-based software platform connects 1300+ warehouse facilities across North America, making the process of sourcing and scaling warehousing and services easy and efficient. FLEXE is transforming the $1.5T logistics industry. FLEXE.com
We are looking for a Senior Revenue Accountant to join the Finance and Accounting team to drive accurate and timely financial and accounting processes to support revenue and overall business growth. This position reports to the Controller and is focused on supporting FLEXE’s Revenue cycle from product launch to client onboarding and through cash collection. The Senior Revenue Accountant will maintain all revenue streams, related accounts, and processes. The right candidate will analyze data, work with internal and external customers to ensure accurate billing and timely collection of invoices, and ensure appropriate revenue recognition for all client contracts.
- Develop a solid understanding of the company’s products and services and serve as a revenue subject matter expert in cross-functional teams.
- Own the entire revenue cycle, including staying apprised of new products and related revenue agreements, monthly invoicing and revenue recognition, collections of invoices, and application of cash receipts to appropriate accounts.
- Own day-to-day, month-end, and quarter close procedures, including recording revenue, managing the Accounts Receivable aging and analysis, bad debt allowance, journal entry preparation, and related reconciliations.
- Prepare and analyze monthly and quarterly billings, revenue recognition and financial results
- Collaborate with cross-functionally with process owners and technology to create new processes and systems (or modify existing processes and systems) to ensure accurate invoicing and revenue recognition.
- Interact with internal teams and clients regarding payment status, including ensuring ultimate collection of amounts due.
- Team with operations and technology to identify and implement process improvements, including automating manual processes as the company grows.
- Assist with development, documentation, and implementation of new revenue policies and procedures
- Support annual external audit by compiling revenue audit requests and responding to auditor inquiries
- Ad-hoc analyses and projects
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Accounting, Finance or related discipline
- Accounting designation (CPA preferred) or an equivalent combination of related experience and education
- Background in Big 4 public accounting a plus
- Minimum of five years of experience in a technology-related environment in an accounting role, with at least one year as a Revenue Accountant
- Possesses a high sense of urgency and a strong desire for excellence
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general revenue documents and contracts.
- Broad knowledge of ASC 606 and other accounting rules relating to software and services revenue recognition
- Ability to work effectively with a wide variety of people, strong interpersonal skills, strong communication skills, both written and oral
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- Must have excellent Excel skills
- Excellent writing, visual and presentation/communications skills
- Communication – ability to clearly and simply articulate ideas, framing problems and solutions
- Must be authorized to work in the US without restriction. We will not be sponsoring visas for this role at this time
The benefits package at FLEXE is thoughtfully designed to help people lead healthy lives in and outside of work.
-Health benefits for individual:
--Dental and vision are covered 100%
--Medical is covered 100% for HSA or a small premium for PPO.
-401k Matching Program
-Internet Stipend, while we're 100% work from home
-20 days of PTO
-13 Total Holidays
--9 company holidays (We've added Juneteenth to our list of holidays observed)
--3 floating holidays
--Take your birthday off!
-Paid Parental Leave & Bereavement Leave
-Industry learning initiatives with talks, demos, site visits. Etc.
Working at FLEXE:
Here are a few perks that make day to day work at FLEXE even more enjoyable:
-Choice of MacBook or PC and monitor setup, and height adjustable standing desk
-Located in historic Pioneer Square; restaurants, bars, shops, and mass transit hub
-PhilanthroFLEXE program. A quarterly program where we give back to the community through volunteer work, fundraising drives, etc.
Other benefits available when in-office:
-Bike lockers and showers
-Fully stocked pantry and beverage fridge
-Team sports such as Kickball, Softball, etc.
FLEXE participates in E-Verify, an employment authorization program through the U.S. Department of Homeland Security and the Social Security Administration.
FLEXE is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.