Business Systems Analyst - Logistics
Greater Seattle Area /
Operations – Operations /
FLEXE is a team of technology entrepreneurs and logistics experts headquartered in Seattle. We connect retailers and brands in need of warehouse space and eCommerce fulfillment services to organizations that have extra resources. Our cloud-based software platform connects 1300+ warehouse facilities across North America, making the process of sourcing and scaling warehousing and services easy and efficient. FLEXE is transforming the $1.5T logistics industry. FLEXE.com
The FLEXE Operations team is looking for a Business Systems Analyst to join our department. This team works with customers that have enlisted FLEXE to help them supplement or outsource their fulfillment operations for eCommerce and retail distribution. We provide software and logistics support to enable efficient and high quality execution from our warehouses on behalf of our customers. As a Tech company first, the Warehouse Management System (WMS) and Order Management System (OMS) software and integrations FLEXE has developed and provided are the cornerstone of our business model. An ideal candidate is knowledgeable about the inner workings of warehousing, retail distribution, and eCommerce fulfillment, and has experience with Warehouse Management Systems (pick/pack/ship - receiving/directed putaway/replenishment) and/or Order Management/Transportation Management Systems.
As a Business Systems Analyst reporting to the Director of Operations, you are an integral member of the Logistics leadership team, and will be responsible for driving the successful deployment of software to end users, primarily warehouse workers spanning numerous Third party (3P) distribution companies. Alongside our developers, you will be the voice of the customer in design, execute User Acceptance Testing (UAT) and deployment planning, and own communication and training for internal and external users for complex feature rollouts. You will also be responsible for organizing resources to do this work for the software deployments. You will fill project/program management functions as they relate to UAT and feature rollouts while taking on some of the features yourself. You will become proficient in SOP writing and hold all documentation to high standards of completeness and accuracy, and adopt and use training technology needed to digitally scale a remote training program.
- Providing and validating end user requirements for logistics software projects
- Executing UAT for logistics software rollouts
- Writing SOPs and creating training materials for logistics software projects
- Executing configuration as needed for software enablement for specific use cases
- Program managing completion of UAT, SOPs for numerous ongoing projects that other team members will be ‘owners’ for
- Building, utilizing, and reporting on metrics to measure quality of participation from all parties in the UAT to deployment cycle
- Building deployment and communication plans to roll software out to 1-100 warehouses depending on reach of the new feature
- Leveraging training technology to instruct other team members in UAT activities, SOP, deployment activities
- Monitoring and updating SOPs timely as software changes Using training technology as it is upgraded to enable remote training and assessments (ex: Lessonly/WalkMe)
- Providing input to drive prioritization of Tech Roadmap aligned to User/Ops team needs
- 5+ years of experience in distribution/fulfillment
- 2+ yrs experience interfacing between Tech teams and Business teams supporting WMS or OMS software for front line workers
- Experience working in Microsoft Office programs, G Suite, and warehouse management systems
- A demonstrated ability to create, publish, and administer SOPs, as well as create training videos
- A willingness to learn new technology and processes (E.g. SQL, Confluence, Google Data Studio, Lessonly, etc.) is highly valued
- Travel will be required in post-COVID climate, as needed for large rollouts or pilot
- Able to participate in on-call rotation to cover operational emergencies (typically 1 week on-call per quarter)
- Must be authorized to work in the US without restriction. We will not be sponsoring visas for this role at this time
- Must be located in WA, IL, or GA. Relocation assistance is not offered at this time
The benefits package at FLEXE is thoughtfully designed to help people lead healthy lives in and outside of work.
-Health benefits for individual:
--Dental and vision are covered 100%
--Medical is covered 100% for HSA or a small premium for PPO.
-401k Matching Program
-Internet Stipend, while we're 100% work from home
-20 days of PTO
-13 Total Holidays
--9 company holidays (We've added Juneteenth to our list of holidays observed)
--3 floating holidays
--Take your birthday off!
-Paid Parental Leave & Bereavement Leave
-Industry learning initiatives with talks, demos, site visits. Etc.
Working at FLEXE:
Here are a few perks that make day to day work at FLEXE even more enjoyable:
-Choice of MacBook or PC and monitor setup, and height adjustable standing desk
-Located in historic Pioneer Square; restaurants, bars, shops, and mass transit hub
-PhilanthroFLEXE program. A quarterly program where we give back to the community through volunteer work, fundraising drives, etc.
Other benefits available when in-office:
-Bike lockers and showers
-Fully stocked pantry and beverage fridge
-Team sports such as Kickball, Softball, etc.
FLEXE participates in E-Verify, an employment authorization program through the U.S. Department of Homeland Security and the Social Security Administration.
FLEXE is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.