Senior HR Business Partner
Greater Seattle Area /
G&A – HR /
FLEXE is a team of technology entrepreneurs and logistics experts headquartered in Seattle. We connect retailers and brands in need of warehouse space and eCommerce fulfillment services to organizations that have extra resources. Our cloud-based software platform connects 1300+ warehouse facilities across North America, making the process of sourcing and scaling warehousing and services easy and efficient. FLEXE is transforming the $1.5T logistics industry. FLEXE.com
FLEXE is on a mission to create the open logistic platform which optimizes the global movement of goods. As a Sr. Human Resource Business Partner at FLEXE you will play a key role supporting the growth of our teams, developing our leadership and cultivating the FLEXE culture. In this role you will partner on strategic people initiatives and build out programs to scale to the needs of our business.
The Human Resources Business Partner will interface with all levels of the organization and demonstrate excellent communication skills, strategic thinking and planning, strong business acumen, and the ability to function in a highly dynamic, fast paced environment. Ideally, this candidate will have 5-8 years experience (tech/startup experience strongly preferred) and a willingness to jump in, collaborate with people leaders in a consultative role to help them work with teams to achieve results. The right candidate is able to work with ambiguity, balance competing priorities, and driving results while facilitating the best decisions for employees and the business.
- Provide strategic business partnership and coaching to all levels of the organization in areas of talent management, organizational design and employee relations.
- Partner with leaders on performance management and calibration, engagement, retention, workforce planning, and learning and development.
- Champion Diversity, Equity and Inclusion commitments the company has made.
- Identify practices that enable employee engagement and create a culture of inclusion
- Document and execute internal HR processes from sending offer letters and onboarding new hires, to processing role changes and finalizing termination details, all with an eye of making these processes better, scalable, and more efficient.
- 5-8 years progressive HR generalist experience in fast-paced technology company
- Demonstrates experience as a trusted team member who is able to collaborate across teams to plan for core people processes
- Diagnosing performance issues with the business and working with business leaders to design and implement solutions
- Developing talent and succession plans for critical pipelines and leadership roles
- Leading analysis of the employee experience: job satisfaction and engagement, organizational health and effectiveness and driving action plans to improve wherever, whenever needed
- Engaging and effective presentation, negotiation, conflict management and problem-solving skills
- Exceptional listening skills and ability to relate to, influence, and coach employees of all levels in the organization.
- Advancing diversity & inclusion efforts for the business by working with leadership to create and implement plans to ensure that the work environment enables all team members of differing backgrounds to be successful and deliver strong impact to the business
- Demonstrates ability to manage human resources at both the strategic and tactical levels
- Experience developing processes and working in a rapid-paced environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication, interpersonal and negotiation skills
- Demonstrated analytical and problem solving skills. Ability to analyze data, understand trends and develop recommendations for action based on the analysis.
- SPHR or SHRM-SCP Certification Preferred
- Bachelor's degree, or equivalent experience
The benefits package at FLEXE is thoughtfully designed to help people lead healthy lives in and outside of work.
-Health benefits for individual:
--Dental and vision are covered 100%
--Medical is covered 100% for HSA or a small premium for PPO.
-401k Matching Program
-Internet Stipend, while we're 100% work from home
-20 days of PTO
-13 Total Holidays
--10 company holidays (We've added Juneteenth to our list of holidays observed)
--2 floating holidays
--Take your birthday off!
-Paid Parental Leave & Bereavement Leave
-Paid Volunteer Time
-Industry learning initiatives with talks, demos, site visits. Etc.
Working at FLEXE:
Here are a few perks that make day to day work at FLEXE even more enjoyable:
-Choice of MacBook or PC and monitor setup, and height adjustable standing desk
-Located in historic Pioneer Square; restaurants, bars, shops, and mass transit hub
-PhilanthroFLEXE program. A quarterly program where we give back to the community through volunteer work, fundraising drives, etc.
Other benefits available when in-office:
-Bike lockers and showers
-Fully stocked pantry and beverage fridge
-Team sports such as Kickball, Softball, etc.
FLEXE participates in E-Verify, an employment authorization program through the U.S. Department of Homeland Security and the Social Security Administration.
FLEXE is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.