Greater Seattle Area
G&A – Finance
FLEXE is a team of technology entrepreneurs and logistics experts headquartered in Seattle. We connect retailers and brands in need of warehouse space and eCommerce fulfillment services to organizations that have extra resources. Our cloud-based software platform connects 1000+ warehouse facilities across North America, making the process of sourcing and scaling warehousing and services easy and efficient. FLEXE is transforming the $1.5T logistics industry. www.flexe.com
Reporting to the Controller, the Accounting Manager role has shared and direct responsibility for the day to day accounting function of Flexe, Inc. This person will be responsible for overseeing the month end close activities, accounts payable and receivables, financial reporting, stock compensation expense, and many other vital activities on the team. The ideal candidate has exceptional accounting, communication, and critical thinking skills. We are currently considering candidates that are local to Seattle and authorized to work in the US without the need for visa assistance.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Proven professional with solid understanding of accounting theory, current accounting issues, accounting systems, and US GAAP.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously with attention to detail.
- Willingness and ability to work collaboratively with all team members, cross train in other accounting roles, and assist others at all levels of the organization.
- Comfortable with ambiguity and wide area of dynamic responsibilities.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to effectively work with all levels of management, cross-functional teams, and external business partners.
- Strong organizational and time management skills with the ability to balance multiple projects with excellent attention to detail in a rapidly changing environment.
- Ability to apply critical thinking in identifying, assessing, and resolving complex issues.
- Manage the monthly close process; prepares, reviews and approves journal entries, accrual methodologies, and balance sheet reconciliations, ensuring all tasks are performed accurately and timely.
- Oversee accounting operations including GL, A/R, A/P, expense reporting, and stock compensation expense.
- Responsible for supervision of sub ledger maintenance and analyses.
- Coordinate and assist in annual financial audits and federal income tax filings.
- Prepare internal and external financial statements and analysis of financial performance.
- Participates in system conversions / enhancement providing scoping information, testing and feedback, and training others.
- Assist with developing and documenting business workflows and accounting policies and procedures over financial transactions and financial reporting.
- Technical research on accounting related matters.
- Assist with state and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings.
- Continual improvement of workflow and automation (as appropriate) of financial systems and processes.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance required.
- CPA highly preferred.
- 5+ years of continuous accounting experience.
- Advanced Excel.
- Familiarity with ERP systems.
The benefits package at FLEXE is thoughtfully designed to help people lead healthy lives in and outside of work.
-Health benefits for individual:
--Dental and vision are covered 100%
--Medical is covered 100% for HSA or a tiny premium for PPO.
-Company 401k plan
-Fully paid Orca Card or parking stipend
-15 days of PTO and 9 company holidays
-Industry learning initiatives with talks, demos, site visits. Etc.
-Relocation assistance if necessary
Working at FLEXE:
Here are a few perks that make day to day work at FLEXE enjoyable:
-Choice of MacBook or PC and monitor setup, and height adjustable standing desk
-Located in historic Pioneer Square; restaurants, bars, shops, and mass transit hub
-PhilantroFLEXE program. A quarterly program where we give back to the community through volunteer work, fundraising drives, etc.
-Fully stocked pantry and beverage fridge
-Caffe Umbria coffee and cold brew during the summer
-Team sports such as Kickball, Softball, etc.
-Team Building/Celebration Events include - Pedicures, Paintball, Mariner's Games, Happy Hours, Go-Kart Racing, Game Nights, Community Service, and more!
FLEXE is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.