Principal Software Engineer
Flipagram is one of the fastest growing apps of all time, reaching over 200 million users! Our mission is to enable a billion people to express themselves through creating and sharing personal visual stories that entertain, inspire or inform.
Our team is looking for a passionate and driven Principal Software Engineer and collaborative team player who can help us build the greatest video app available today. This is a world-class engineering team and we are looking for engineers who want to make a big impact and be a part of one the most cutting edge companies in our space! At Flipagram, everyone has stories worth telling. Tell us yours!
- - Responsible for the architecture, design, and development of a dynamic, high volume data platform in Java using an Agile development methodology;
- - Implementing new features and maintain existing features in Java on the Flipagram Platform;
- - Identifying useful new technologies and how they can be leveraged in our Platform;
- -Building and maintaining Ruby, HTML, and CSS based administrative tools for managing the Flipagram community;
- -Taking part in data modeling new systems with Cassandra, PostgreSQL, and Elastic Search;
- -Ensuring reliability, availability, and scalability of the current platform and future developments;
- -Ensuring highest quality standards across all engineering teams;
- -Researching and evaluating new trends in software engineering;
- -Training and educating other engineers on best practices and new developments in software engineering;
- -Leading cross-team initiatives, and assisting company leadership in strategic decisions by providing technical insights and predictions;
- -Taking part in troubleshooting production issues
- -Developing Java-based MR (Map/Reduce) applications on large scale Big Data environments, capacity planning, performance tuning and monitoring
- - Developing Apache Spark jobs to provide data insights in our AWS Redshift based data warehouse
- 1) Master's degree or foreign equivalent in Information Technology, Computer Science, Software Engineering, or related plus 2 years experience as a Principal Software Engineer, Software Engineer, or related
- 2) Demonstrated proficiency in: Java, Scala, Real Time Systems, Micro Service Architecture, NoSQL, PostgreSQL, Cassandra, Redis and ElasticSearch.
- Mail resumes to: Eloise Duvillier, Flipagram, Inc., 10351 Santa Monica Blvd., Suite 310, Los Angeles, CA 90025
Everyone has stories worth telling! Flipagram’s mission is to give everyone the power to create and share amazing, visual stories that can inspire, entertain and inform. Flipagram's are easy to create, fun to consume and by allowing photos, videos and music to tell the story, they transcend language, giving people all over the world the ability to share their stories and to have a voice.
With tens of millions of users monthly worldwide and growing, Flipagram is quickly becoming a go-to platform for musical artists, influencers, brands and millions of ordinary people to easily tell their stories in a way that resonates and inspires action.
Flipagram is available on iOS, Android, Amazon and Windows platforms.
Flipagram is an Equal Opportunity Employer/M/F/D/V