Remote (USA) /
Flipboard is a content discovery platform for your passions, interests, and news. Available on web, iOS, and Android, Flipboard offers the world important and influential articles shared by the greatest publishers and our awesome Flipboard community to advance conversation, keep people informed, and inspire them to engage, learn, and lead.
As a Product Designer at Flipboard, you will be involved in every aspect of product development, from brainstorming the next great innovation to tweaking pixels and interactions right before launch. You will utilize your full range of product design, interaction design, prototyping, and visual design skills to build world-class experiences.
What will you be doing at Flipboard?
- Seek out creative, design-led solutions to challenging problems
- At times work on very broadly defined, loose concepts, and sometimes on narrowly defined, tactical deliverables
- Think in terms of design systems and make rational design decisions
- Think at a high level about creative strategy and vision (not just 'how it should look' but 'what we should build')
- Give and solicit feedback from other designers in order to continually raise our bar for quality
- Specialize in our product areas and work closely with engineers and product managers to define both the long-term strategy and the short-term tactics for Flipboard
You'll be a great fit if you:
- Have 3+ years of experience in designing, building and shipping quality mobile apps across a variety of platforms and form factors
- Are experienced with end-to-end (hybrid UX and UI) product design
- You look for opportunities to solve problems in unusual and innovative ways
- Are skilled in explaining your work, process, and product decisions to cross-functional stakeholders and crave feedback to help you produce your best work
- Are constantly pushing your limits and searching for opportunities to become better
- You’re self-starter who actively seeks ways to make the Flipboard’s experience both visually appealing and easy to use
- Love working with other designers to help them learn and grow — and have them help you learn and grow
You should include these in your application:
- A link to your online portfolio (and password if applicable)
- Your CV
- Your LinkedIn profile
Benefits & Perks
- Our benefits include vision, dental, life, and health insurance, plus 401K with a company match
- Flexible hours and generous 'out of office time' for holidays, vacations, sick leave, relaxation & wellness, personal and family needs
- Subsidized commuter programs (post-pandemic if applicable)
- Team celebrations: company anniversaries, birthdays, Thanksgiving, weddings/babies –– you name it, we celebrate it!
Why Join Flipboard?
- Our vision: At a time when society could really benefit from being more informed and inspired, we are enabling great stories to reach the right communities around the world.
- Our team: Led by experienced CEO, Mike McCue, the Flipboard team is a positive, respectful, and diverse group of bright and highly capable people who work collaboratively with strong purpose and vision. The Flipboard team is headquartered in downtown Redwood City, CA in the beautiful SF Bay Area. Although our roots lie in the Silicon Valley, our team extends around the world: New York City, Chicago, Los Angeles, Seattle, Vancouver, and London.
- Our culture: We value an environment and culture that encourages people's voices and perspectives to be heard. We believe that leveraging our team will lead us to create better products and services for all our users and partners. We value diversity and inclusion at Flipboard and are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
- Our value: We are fully funded and making steady, meaningful progress on a premium, high margin business within a $600B, highly strategic market. Our business model is tightly aligned with our values, our partners and our user experience which makes our company both valuable and unique.
- Our product: Millions of people truly love Flipboard and rely on it regularly. Flipboard is a standard bearer for great mobile design, innovation, and we deeply value craftsmanship.
- Our platform: Our platform selects the best content from thousands of publishers around the world, organizes it into highly personalized feeds, and presents it for further curation by the community. We are driven by hard technical challenges and we value pioneering new technology to continually increase the power, efficiency and scale of our platform.