New York, NY
Tech – Product
Flippable is building a national movement to flip states from red to blue. We empower voters, volunteers, and donors with information that both educates and motivates them to support Democrats at the state level. Our primary activities are:
Raising awareness: We produce original digital content that highlights the critical role of state governments in a balanced democracy. Our content is viewed over 10M times per month.
Running the numbers: We are building a model to identify which Democratic candidates donors should invest in -- where their dollars and time will have the greatest ROI. Our analysis shows where we are most likely to flip seats and, ultimately, the state chambers that have the greatest impact on redistricting and voting rights.
Supporting candidates: We show our community the highest-impact ways to get involved through clear, tangible calls to action. Since November 2016, we have raised over $400,000 and deployed thousands of volunteers to support Democrats running in the most critical -- and flippable -- races.
who you are
As a Product Manager at Flippable, you will work with a team of designers and engineers to manage end-to-end product lifecycles, from ideation to launch. You will lead the product team and contribute to long-term vision and strategy.
your responsibilities will include:
- Building product roadmaps with achievable and measurable goals outlined
- Understanding product requirements and incorporating input from designers, engineers, users, and project stakeholders
- Organizing, prioritizing, and documenting processes and tasks for the product team
- Managing and positioning each member of the team to succeed with respect to both short and long-term project goals
- Monitoring important metrics and KPIs after launch and incorporating lessons learned
- 3-5 years of work experience in product management, design or engineering
- Shipped multiple interactive projects in consumer tech or media
- Experience with agile software development process
- Proficiency with MS Office or similar software suite and excellent organizational and analytical skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- BA/BS in computer science, mathematics, or similar technical field
- Familiarity with Jira, Mailchimp, and GitHub, or similar software tools
- Experience with test-driven development and performing quality assurance
- Background in business analytics, statistics, or data science
- Experience working for a political campaign
- We are looking for alignment, not fit. We value team members who can both exemplify and help us refine and push forward our core values and culture -- not just fit into an existing culture.
- We are proactively seeking a nationally representative team. You can see our Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Principles here. We are using recommendations from Project Include, among other organizations, to design an inclusive hiring process that minimizes opportunities for bias. This means that our process may take a bit longer, and include less conventional elements (e.g., anonymized assignments), than other hiring processes. We appreciate your patience.
- We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
You are excited to join a small but mighty team of doers who take on the duties of their roles with gusto -- and who also envision their long-term growth within our organization. You are both focused and flexible. You can identify the most effective way to drive toward a goal, but you also understand that goalposts may shift as we learn.
You are accountable and solution-oriented. When you see a problem, you work with others to drive toward a solution.
You share our commitment to building a fair, inclusive government and our conviction that this requires electing progressives to state office. You believe strongly in our core values and have shown them in a variety of work or academic contexts. You can speak to your personal motivations for joining this movement and our team.