Software Engineer, Frontend
San Francisco, CA /
Who We Are:
At Flockjay, we believe that every member of the workforce deserves economic opportunity. We identify untapped talent, provide training for future-proof jobs, and get paid only when they get jobs. To start, we train and certify high-quality sales professionals online, and place them at the best tech companies. We then provide life-long coaching and support for our community.
We are here to empower upward mobility through education and access. Our goal is to create pathways into industries like tech for people from non-traditional and underrepresented backgrounds. We have an experienced team (early Github, Dropbox, Google and Intercom) and an incredible network of support from industry leaders, advisors, and top-tier investors like Y Combinator.
Tomorrow's companies will be defined by how they invest in people. Our team is small and growing - join us and make a meaningful impact. Let’s build a generational company together.
Who You Are:
Are you here to celebrate, champion, and empower upward mobility for people from non-traditional and underrepresented backgrounds? Are you a driven and self-motivated engineer excited by challenging traditional models of education, creating more pathways into tech, and building scalable solutions to connect students, instructors, jobseekers, and companies?
If you answered with a spirited “Yes!” to all the above, we’d love to have you join our flock!
We’re looking for a Frontend Software Engineer with deep product sense, an eye for great design, a knack for demystifying the ambiguous, and the horsepower to turn product specs into reality. By joining our lean engineering team, everything you do has the ability to make a real, measurable impact on our students’ careers and lives, and ultimately change the future of education.
You'll help plan and develop consumer facing features as well as tools for internal use and have a say in key decisions regarding our product roadmap. In this role you’ll report directly to our Head of Engineering, work closely with other team leads, and be based out of our sunny SF office.
What You’ll Do:
- Collaborate with our team to build, test and ship the consumer-facing product features and internal tools that power nearly all aspects of the business and help us to grow & scale
- Guide and execute important architecture decisions that will help shape the frontend codebase
- Bring a sense of ownership, demonstrate craftsmanship, enjoy collaboration, and have the drive to make an impact
- Help develop & foster our engineering culture through thoughtful mentorship, knowledge sharing and demonstrative application of technical best practices
- Design, test, and ship great code everyday
What You'll Bring:
- 3+ years of relevant software engineering experience building web applications, bonus points if at a high-growth startup
- Solid understanding of software engineering best practices (coding standards, code reviews, testing, continuous integration)
- Excitement for full ownership of projects and ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch
- Product sense and a user-orientated focus
- Passion for education and access to economic opportunity for people from non-traditional and underrepresented backgrounds
What You'll Get
- Getting in on the ground floor of an innovative mission-first, people-first company where you'll have the support to pursue your passions
- Competitive salary & meaningful equity in a well-funded startup experiencing hyper-growth
- Health and dental insurance
- Monthly health and wellness stipend
- Company-provided lunches 3 days per week, team breakfast once a week, and a kitchen fully-stocked with snacks, drinks, and breakfast staples
- Flexible, uncapped paid time off, in addition to company-wide holidays
- Work from home (remote) and in-office flexibility
- Fully equipped workstation
Diversity, Inclusion, and Belonging at Flockjay
We believe diversity is strength & difference is a teacher. We know we'll do our best and most impactful work when we feel we're represented and we belong. We strive to provide the support required to create a safe, positive environment.
We're proud to actively recruit and hire talented people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We believe organizations must build diversity, inclusion, and belonging into their DNA. Those that do so will build better products, provide better services, and be positive forces in the world.
If you don't think you meet all of the criteria above but still are interested in the job, please apply! Nobody checks every box, and we're looking for someone excited to join the team. Tell us about why you feel you’re the right fit!