Consumer Insights Consultant
Brand & Content /
Who We Are:
At Flockjay, we are here to empower upward mobility through education and access. Our goal is to create pathways to future-proof careers for people from non-traditional and underrepresented backgrounds. We have an experienced team from companies like Airbnb, Intercom, Google, and Teach for America, and have raised capital from the best investors in the industry, including Salesforce, Index Ventures, Y Combinator, and Lightspeed Ventures. We are also proud to have won the annual Glassdoor Employees' Choice Award, placing in the top 50 of all SMB for Best Places to Work in 2021.
Tomorrow's companies will be defined by how they invest in people. Our team is small and growing - join us and make a meaningful impact. Let’s build a generational company together.
Who You Are:
At Flockjay, our mission is to empower upward mobility through education and access. We provide individuals from historically excluded communities with the sales training and support they need to thrive in the tech sales industry (all in just 10 weeks!). We are looking to better identify those that would most benefit from our program. We want to make sure we are showing up for them in the most impactful way possible. The Consumer Insights Consultant will design and guide research, develop actionable insights that will inform our messaging, targeting and broader marketing GTM strategies.
This individual has a strong core competency with quantitative and qualitative consumer research methods. They have experience developing research objectives, hypotheses, methodology, questionnaire development and usage intentions.
The Consumer Insights Consultant will help us with the following areas of our business:
- Scoping out and conducting supplemental consumer research based on our existing data.
- Building out an FJ persona booklet from the conducted research.
- Scoping out and conducting a brand perception survey based on persona insights.
- Providing recommendations on best practices related to data compilation and analysis
What You'll Do
- Lead the design and management of customer research. Namely, scoping out, designing and conducting: 1:1 Interviews, focus groups, group research, & questionnaire development
- Analyze the research findings and leverage them to build out a booklet of Flockjay’s user personas.
- Scope out and conduct a 360 brand perception study based on our user personas.
- Gather, analyze, and sort competitor’s information to inform optimal FJ brand positioning and perception.
- Consult the existing data teams on best practices related to data compilation and analysis.
What You'll Bring
- A balanced skill set: Strong research background coupled with a strong strategic/creative skillset
- A data-driven approach: Ability to develop customer research architecture, design and management and scope out clear and actionable research objectives
- A strong background in project management and GTM strategies
- An adaptable, proactive, collaborative, and scrappy attitude
What You'll Need
- Experience with SFDC and/or Chartio (SQL is a plus!
- 3+ years of relevant research management and consumer insight experience
- Relevant work samples (case studies, portfolios etc.,)
Diversity, Inclusion, and Belonging at Flockjay
We believe diversity is strength & difference is a teacher. We know we'll do our best and most impactful work when we feel we're represented and we belong. We strive to provide the support required to create a safe, positive environment.
We're proud to actively recruit and hire talented people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We believe organizations must build diversity, inclusion, and belonging into their DNA. Those that do so will build better products, provide better services, and be positive forces in the world.