Head of Product
Who We Are:
At Flockjay, we are here to empower upward mobility through education and access. Our goal is to create pathways to future-proof careers for people from non-traditional and underrepresented backgrounds. We have an experienced team from companies like Airbnb, Intercom, Google, and Teach for America, and have raised capital from the best investors in the industry, including Y Combinator, Serena Williams, and Lightspeed Ventures.
Tomorrow's companies will be defined by how they invest in people. Our team is small and growing - join us and make a meaningful impact. Let’s build a generational company together.
Who You Are:
As Flockjay’s Head of Product, you will be the pioneering leader responsible for driving the strategy & execution of our existing products while leading the launch of additional new products and features. As the bridge between our technical and operational teams, you will work with our admissions, learning, career services, and success teams to build internal tools that meet the various needs of our students throughout their Flockjay journey. You will also work closely with our hiring partners to understand the value that our product provides and drive to improve that value every day. With each of these pieces, your affinity for data and analytics will play an integral role in devising metrics that measure success relative to our key business goals.
This opportunity is unique as it requires someone to lead and implement initiatives that have massive impacts on growth, engagement, conversion, and internal operations while being part of a small, growing team. The right individual will have a strong product leadership background matched with a roll-up-your sleeves, hands-on mentality and a strong sense of urgency.
As our Head of Product, you will report directly to our CEO and manage our growing team of Product Managers and Designers. This position is fully remote, however, we are unable to provide visa sponsorship at this time.
What You'll Do
- Own product vision, strategy, development and execution across all digital products at Flockjay
- Create, manage, and deliver a rolling 3-6 month digital product roadmap
- Manage team of Jr. PMs and Product Designers, providing development opportunities and performance feedback
- Work cross-functionally to deliver the right solution for our Tech Fellows, Hiring Partners, and Flockjay team members
- Find insights in our data, generate measurable hypotheses about our users and their needs, and run tests to evaluate our hypotheses and guide our priorities
- Design and deploy a variety of A/B tests to optimize digital product features
- Set measurable objectives, review results and optimize performance through rapid, data-driven iteration
What You'll Bring
- Unwavering passion for education and access to economic opportunity for people from non-traditional, marginalized, and underrepresented backgrounds
- 5+ years of digital product management at an early stage and/or high-growth startup
- 2+ years of management or mentorship experience within product development
- Experience building credentialing, assessment, reviewing products--anything related to building trust between product and customer
- Experience creating simple and intuitive user interfaces, with ability to create examples through wireframes and mockups
- Experience with A/B testing & direct user feedback (user testing, focus groups, etc.)
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to make data-driven decisions
- BA/BS in a quantitative field (e.g. computer science, physics, mathematics, etc.) or equivalent in practical experience preferred
Diversity, Inclusion, and Belonging at Flockjay
We believe diversity is strength & difference is a teacher. We know we'll do our best and most impactful work when we feel we're represented and we belong. We strive to provide the support required to create a safe, positive environment.
We're proud to actively recruit and hire talented people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We believe organizations must build diversity, inclusion, and belonging into their DNA. Those that do so will build better products, provide better services, and be positive forces in the world.