Marketing Content Writer (Freelance)
Brand & Content /
Who We Are:
At Flockjay, we are here to empower upward mobility through education and access. Our goal is to create pathways to future-proof careers for people from non-traditional and underrepresented backgrounds. We have an experienced team from companies like Airbnb, Intercom, Google, and Teach for America, and have raised capital from the best investors in the industry, including Salesforce, Index Ventures, Y Combinator, and Lightspeed Ventures. We are also proud to have won the annual Glassdoor Employees' Choice Award, placing in the top 50 of all SMB for Best Places to Work in 2021.
Tomorrow's companies will be defined by how they invest in people. Our team is small and growing - join us and make a meaningful impact. Let’s build a generational company together.
Who You Are:
Flockjay’s Brand & Content Team is looking for a Content Writer to help us create marketing content rooted in purpose, and reflective of Flockjay’s values. In this role you will help ensure our narrative is authentic and offer your expertise and support for multi-disciplinary marketing communications. If you’re someone who continually raises the bar on creativity and writes fresh copy that connects with your audience and compels them to action we’d love to hear from you!
As a freelance Content Writer on our Marketing team, you will be responsible for writing for a wide range of content formats, including but not limited to emails, promo copy, articles, event copy and more! We’re looking for someone passionate about marketing content rooted in social impact. You should understand the concept behind creative work and how it achieves our business and community goals, have a sharp eye for detail (no grammar or punctuation error ever gets past you), be able to meet deadlines (and be flexible when they change) and have a willingness to contribute new and creative ideas for our content marketing strategy. The ideal candidate also has experience writing for the sales and tech industries and/or in the social impact space.
What You’ll Do:
- Craft engaging and compelling content independently and in collaboration with other stakeholders
- Interpret broader creative and brand direction as well as technical information and translating them into persuasive copy concepts
- Produce content with specific formats in mind (character counts, visual assets etc.,)
- Collaborate with key stakeholders to brainstorm and develop a variety of marketing materials
- Edit and modify copy to meet content expectations
- Prioritize multiple, complex, time-sensitive projects on a daily basis
- Produce content for a wide array of marketing channels (SEO, email, paid ads, event promo)
- Work with Flockjay’s Content Manager, Brand and Growth Team to optimize content based on performance
- Proactively and consistently assess the accuracy, work quality and thoroughness of the work assignment
- Provide recommendations on content production based on performance, best practices and general business/user needs
- Comfortably vary voice, style, and other characteristics based on target audience
- Stay updated on appropriate style guidelines and brand voice for consistency in messaging
- Stay on top of trends through business/industry monitoring and outside resources
- Collaborate with a team from concept development to delivery of final product
What You'll Bring:
- Excellent writing and editing skills with demonstrated experience in conceptual writing in marketing or advertising, Web, product, brand messaging and promotional copy
- Solid copywriting and proofreading experience (in-house or agency) writing marketing content for both B2B and B2C audiences
- An understanding of content performance metrics and optimizing content based on key metrics
- Ability to publish content on CMS
- Proven track record of building content that engages with an audience
- High attention to detail and exceptional editing capabilities
- Proven track record of managing multiple projects and meeting deadlines
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and across multiple teams
- Experience writing content for sales teams and tech teams
- Passion and experience writing content for historically excluded communities
- Ability to own projects, demonstrate good judgment when working with team members and client contacts, and take initiative
- Passion for Flockjay’s mission and values
Diversity, Inclusion, and Belonging at Flockjay
We believe diversity is strength & difference is a teacher. We know we'll do our best and most impactful work when we feel we're represented and we belong. We strive to provide the support required to create a safe, positive environment.
We're proud to actively recruit and hire talented people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We believe organizations must build diversity, inclusion, and belonging into their DNA. Those that do so will build better products, provide better services, and be positive forces in the world.