Senior Software Development Engineer in Test (Remote)
Denver, CO /
Engineering – Engineering /
FloQast is seeking a Sr. Software Development Engineer in Test (Sr. SDET) to join our Quality Engineering team. This person will help build a unified test automation infrastructure and tools to ensure efficient end-to-end, component, integration, and unit test coverage.
The position requires a strong testing background with the ability to put software through its paces using various testing techniques. The candidate will be required to communicate defect findings to software developers and work closely with product managers to understand and translate requirements. The candidate must be a strong communicator, self-motivated, organized, and thorough with attention to detail.
You must be passionate about test automation and understand that test automation is a software project and is subject to the same disciplines of execution as any other software engineering projects.
FloQast is headquartered in Los Angeles, CA and we are seeking US Based REMOTE Engineers.
*Visa sponsorship is NOT available at this time
- Review and contribute to user stories, acceptance criteria, specifications and other available information in order to develop test plans and cases and prevent defects.
- Assist in building the testing framework to simulate user scenarios and test various components of microservices architecture and serverless architecture using modern platforms and technologies
- Suggest and implement ideas for improving test framework w.r.t. reliability, maintainability and test execution speed
- Participate in software design discussions to promote testability and early testing
- Execute test cases and write defects as issues are identified and provide recommendations to aid software development bug resolution
- Ensure high quality of daily production deployments through effective test automation and exploratory testing
- Educate, work closely with, and provide tooling to software developers to test
- Work with team members to proactively identify, communicate and resolve issues and risks that impact quality of the deliverables
- Provide mentorship and coaching on Quality Engineering to other SDET’s and members of cross-functional Agile Team in a collaborative and respectful way
- Research and implement new tools and techniques to improve software quality and release velocity after evaluating them holistically
Qualifications and Desired Skills:
- Ability to develop detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test plans and test cases from a customer workflow perspective
- Ability to use and run automated tests and to report the results
- Hands-on experience with Selenium WebDriver and API Testing tools
- Previous experience architecting test automation framework from the ground up or redesigning an existing framework in a significant way
- Ability to use version control systems such as GitHub
- Experience with Continuous Integration tools like Jenkins, CircleCI, and AWS Code Deploy
- Knowledge of database systems preferably MongoDB
- 5+ years of Software Quality Engineering experience in an Agile/Scrum environment
- Solid understanding of software engineering principles, data structures, algorithms and system design
- Experience with a variety of tools used for load testing, security testing and 3rd party mocking.
- Familiar with monitoring and alerting tools such as Grafana, Loggly, AWS Cloudwatch etc.
- Be able to work in a fast paced environment
- Start-up experience is a plus
About FloQast www.floqast.com
FloQast is a fast-growing, Los Angeles-based, growth-stage company redefining how a critical business process (financial close) is performed. Our growth and success are fueled by a passion to define and dominate the close management software market. We are the first company of our kind to focus specifically on the mid-market. Our prospects have been hungry for a solution like FloQast and the response has made FloQast among the fastest growing FinTech companies with now more than 750 customers, including Lyft, Zoom, Twilio and the Golden State Warriors.
- What is engineering working on? Our FQ Engineering Blog showcases a number of our recent efforts straight from the engineers working on them. Check it out!
- We are fanatics about the success of our customers. Check us out on G2 Crowd
- We are equally fanatic about creating and maintaining a fabulous culture of support and success for all employees. Check us out on Glassdoor
- We are moving quickly and there is a huge upside opportunity in terms of career growth
- FloQast offers competitive compensation, stock options, full benefits, and a positive and supportive work environment
- Named among Best Places to Work by LA Business Journal in 2017, 2018 and 2019
- Ranked #10 on The SaaS 1000
FloQast, Inc is committed to operating fair and unbiased recruitment procedures allowing all applicants an equal opportunity for employment, free from discrimination on the basis of religion, race, sex, age, sexual orientation, disability, color, ethnic or national origin, or any other classification as may be protected by applicable law. We aim to recruit the right people for the jobs we have to offer, and to assess applications on the basis of relevant skills, education, and experience. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and strive to provide a professional and welcoming workplace for all employees.